Could the Genesis handle SRB1?

That just leads to the question of whether or not the Master System could handle it.

Technically, there is nothing that SRB1 does that could not be done on the Genesis, but there is a catch.

SRB1 was made on an engine known as "The Game Factory", so you have to take into account the added weight and overhead that results from using an early 2000's application for the PC. If you used an engine created from the ground up to run on the Genesis, then you could do a fairly good recreation of the game that fits in a cartridge and plays normally.

Technically, there is nothing that SRB1 does that could not be done on the Genesis, but there is a catch.

SRB1 was made on an engine known as "The Game Factory", so you have to take into account the added weight and overhead that results from using an early 2000's application for the PC. If you used an engine created from the ground up to run on the Genesis, then you could do a fairly good recreation of the game that fits in a cartridge and plays normally.
Or you can just do an insanely modified sonic 1 rom hack

Let me add that the SNES "port" of DOOM didn't even run on the DOOM engine. It had the graphic and sound assets, but it wasn't the original engine. It was just a overengineered different one tailored for the Super FX chip so that the SNES can run the game. This isn't exactly a new thing... ish.

Let me add that the SNES "port" of DOOM didn't even run on the DOOM engine. It had the graphic and sound assets, but it wasn't the original engine. It was just a overengineered different one tailored for the Super FX chip so that the SNES can run the game. This isn't exactly a new thing... ish.
Welp, there goes the opportunity of an SRB2 SNES port... who am i kidding, snes couldn't even handle that game, not even in final demo era

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back