Convert MD3 to MD2

Zac!

I exist…
I am using SRB2 2.1 and want to try and port Jeck Jimms model pack to it. But 2.1 only supports MD2's. I don't know how to convert models from MD3 to MD2 so...help?
1669331338082.png

i know how to help but some charters with this models will be broken if you use them in 2.2 but heres what you need to do

1. download them from the MB

2. once you got them you must rename the MD2 folder in to models and the MD2.dat file in to models.dat

.3 if your on windows put it in your srb2 folder or if your on mac right click the srb2 application then look for resuores then drag it or copy and paste it in the reuores folder TBH idk what computer your have

I could be wrong, But i think the latest dev version of Misfit Model 3D has md3 support.

is misfit a 3d model program?
Yes Misfit Model 3D is a 3D modeling program.

i know how to help but some charters with this models will be broken if you use them in 2.2 but heres what you need to do

I believe you misunderstood what the original poster was asking here. You replied with instructions on how to use md2 models from 2.1 in 2.2 while the original poster was asking how to convert MD3 format models to MD2 format models. these are 2 substantially different things.
Post automatically merged:

I am using SRB2 2.1 and want to try and port Jeck Jimms model pack to it. But 2.1 only supports MD2's. I don't know how to convert models from MD3 to MD2 so...help?
This is not possible without violating the rule of no editing non reusable mods without permission. Which means I cannot endorse or help you with this task. MD2 if I am correct doesn't support multiple meshes while MD3 supports having multiple meshes. Jeck Jims' models most likely utilize this and as such will not be compatible unless you modify the model directly.

Even then it would be a really complicated task to do because 2.1 and 2.2 are vastly different in sprite frames for various objects and player skins making the models even more incompatible as the animations would look extremely broken and in some cases entire components would be missing with things like tails' tails being a separate object in 2.2.

I highly recommend you just use the 2.1 Jeck Jims models if you want models in 2.1.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back