Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callum, that opening area looks great! I'm just wondering, what stuff is there to do in it? I know beauty is its own merit, but eventually I'll just thok right on past it and not give it a second thought.

Callum, that opening area looks great! I'm just wondering, what stuff is there to do in it? I know beauty is its own merit, but eventually I'll just thok right on past it and not give it a second thought.

In the last screenshot, that thing in the bottom left is a geyser, but it needs to be activated, the thing that activates it (let's call it a "switch") is hidden. You get to the underwater section the first screenshot that way.

I haven't filled it up with things yet of course, so I might still put little somethings in there yet. =)

EDIT: There, isn't that better? =P
srb20038.png

EDIT2: The flower colour needs more variation? Not sure...
srb20039.png

srb20039.png

Last edited:
srb20450.png

I know it's linear and could use some more scenery, but I am at least still progressing nicely (unlike with my last project). Shame I couldn't get fully functional slots going though. I tried it and it just ended up in one huge mess. Anyways, as for breaking the linearity, I'm thinking of making some segments where you can either enter the buildings or choose to take the roof hopping route.

I think the shadows the trees are casting are a bit too dark.

Me too. It turned out like that because the whole area was originally darker, and I didn't change the trees' shadow to fit because the new brightness was just a test.

This better?
srb20044.png

I like the way the white fog gradient looks, even if software doesn't like transparency gradients (especially over such a range of heights).
srb20047.png

I've come to terms with the SHALE textures on the outside, but I really think you should use a different texture for the caves, preferably one that actually makes it look like a cave.

majbe0.png

Gravity Garden: Botanics lab on an asteroid. Much more to it than appears, even right now.

Pfft, Chary's probably going to use custom music on the map that he makes on his own, that's about +5 points in the voting. Give up guys. xD

Pfft, Chary's probably going to use custom music on the map that he makes on his own, that's about +5 points in the voting. Give up guys. xD

Music isn't anything if the level is crap. Just look at some of the past OLDC entries.

Anyways, working on a map, might get it in this OLDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back