Connect to server with heavy wads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet Explorer

IT'S NO USE
Hello, good evening.
I have a little problem about the wads on the servers.
It was not long ago, I created my own server. Inside, I intended to offer to players to play my own wads.

However, the wads are not available for download on the MB, they are my personal levels, so they can not have them in their SRB2 folder !
SRB2 can anyway download the wad if the wad is not too heavy. But I have a problem.
I have seven levels (seven wads) to play to people who come. 7 levels, it is much too heavy for SRB2, so it displays the error message "Unable to download" ... wad ", the file is too large, you must have the wads yourself."

How can I host a Master Server that contains these 7 wads (they weigh about 4MB.) And that players can enter inside ?
Don't forget they haven't my wads in their SRB2 folder and they can't got them.

Use maxsend, or better yet. Upload the WADs on 4shared, the people are mostly looking here anyway.

I know how to provide a download link, otherwise I will not be able to participate in contests SRB2.
But is it possible for people to come without have my wads ?
We will say that I allowed them to come on my server to watch my levels, but I do not want that they have them in their SRB2 folder ...

You cant.
Once they re downloaded,they're downloaded. You cant make so it will not keep the files.

Last edited:
The only wads that people are not required to have when they join a net game are music wads. Character wads, level wads and socs (I believe) are required if the host has them added to the server.

And like Steel said, you can up your maxsend or upload it to 4shared or another file hosting site for other people to find and download.

The only wads that people are not required to have when they join a net game are music wads. Character wads, level wads and socs (I believe) are required if the host has them added to the server.

And like Steel said, you can up your maxsend or upload it to 4shared or another file hosting site for other people to find and download.

Ok. Too bad...
Oh, and I don't think that players have new musics if the host has added a music wad.

I will see what I will do , if I'm going to suggest the download link in 4shared. I don't know.

Ok, I have the information I want, I don't need another thing here, thanks you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back