Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdog003

Hello, all!
Here's my dilema: I'm making a program. The only problem is, the color scheme is too dark for most people's monitors.

So, I'm making a little test.
DigbyColorScheme.png

How many different colors can you see easily without changing the brightness on your monitor?

Possibly, as the first two shades look to be pure black to me.

... ... ... Wait, the black colors count as a color, so I see 3 colors, not 2! Crap... I ruined the poll already. :(

Three for now (but for a moment I was able to distinguish all them). Actually it's the background. With background I'm meaning the general color of the other images of the monitor.

Put it in a white background, and you'll probably see only two colors.

Put it in a black background, and you'll probably see all them.

FuriousFox said:
I see alot of black with just a small bit of blue that is about 1/8 the size of the entire bar.

Second'd
I'm running in 32-bit using and LCD Monitor.

FuriousFox said:
I see alot of black with just a small bit of blue
I see the black and then two shades of blue (then the blue background of the post, does that make it 4?...)

Yeah. Y'see, the black was the background, the dark blue was the background for the scrollbar *AND* that little blue background for when you select a lump, and the bright blue was the scrollbar thing.

Even on my LCD monitor I can only see three colors easily. I can look closely and notice a slight change in color, but I voted for 3 just because that's all I saw when I first saw the image. Heh, normally on my LCD monitor, dark shades would be easy to tell apart, especially in games like Splinter Cell, but I think I may have changed my graphic card gamma settings to fix it.

No, it's an optical effect... On darker backgrounds, the eye will open more for try to recieve more light, and then, you'll be able to difference more the darker colors... On lighter backgrounds exactly the opposite happens...

And if you're a crazy fool like me, you'll go into the bathroom with no windows or anything and turn off the light so it suddenly becomes insanely dark. Then wait 10 minutes so your eyes adjust, though you'll still be unable to see anything except for whatever the light coming through the cracks in the door are on. Then pull out a camera and take a picture of yourself. Right in the eyes. Just to see how huge and black they are. But the anti-red cameras do away with this by flashing more, which gives your puples time to shrink down and also blinds you much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back