• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Classic Tails

Status
Not open for further replies.

logan

I'm working on a 3D character (all directions) of the classic Tails using the graphics from Sonic the Hedgehog 3! Sorry, I don't have any screenshots yet. It will be released shortly...

You shouldn't post in releases without at least screenshots. (Just some friendly advice.) By classic, do you mean it will be the same size as the Sonic 3 Tails?

good job!! I really am happy! but it is a bit blobish :( :? and discolored

Okay...

A few thing's I've noticed.

1. When he jumps, he's having a mini-seizure, slightly moving left and right.. and left...

2. Make the tongue pink. Seriously. I don't want a green tails that threw up on the inside of his mouth.

3. His tails start moving very quickly, very fast. I remember him gradually getting faster, not becoming so quick in that time.

4. I don't know about this one, but make the tails picture and the words bigger. I don't know how to do that, but it doesn't make a difference. You choose.

ok, the reason he doesn't get gradually faster as he goes is because the sprites for him walking (not gliding) all directions does not exist, and I'm not the best sprite maker around. The diagnol is not animated because for the front and back, I just used the rotate image thing to make his tails move.
And yes, i know the jump thing looks like he's having a seizure. (I just tried to make it animated.

In otherwords: what a could use for Sonic3 sprites was pretty limited!
Now if I were doing Sonic DX sprites, then I'd be 10x better.

This was a bad idea to begin with, really. :/ It's not a good idea to take sprites from Sonic 3 and try to fit 'em into a 3D game like SRB2.. the special stage sprites and running up that one spinny stair-case-like-thing sprites just don't cut it. :(

hmm, it was just a character idea i had. Doesn't have to be perfect. I mean, at least some things are all directions. It's better than a all 2d character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back