Character WAD in singleplayer makes me become a motionless Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcade Gamer

Acts like a mature adult
Hey can anyone help? Whenever I use my character in singleplayer, it makes me play as a Sonic that can't move at all, however when I test it in a offline netgame, it works completely fine.

Sounds like you've probably done something wrong in the character select SOC for your character (which presumably is located in OBJCTCFG in your case?). Post it here for us to check perhaps?

This is the OBJCFG file.

Character 4
PicName = CHRDOLL
SkinName = Tails_Doll
Status = 32
PlayerText = ^2Tails Doll^0 is the
robotic counterpart of Tails
as Metal Sonic is the robotic
counterpart of Sonic. He was put
in the racing tourament Sonic R
but was never seen again.

^2Ability:^0 Flying

Ah, okay. Just as a note, skin names are supposed to be all-lowercase, i.e "tails_doll" instead of "Tails_Doll". This should be the case in the S_SKIN lump for the character at the very least.

See if doing the above fixes the problem?

I have found that having a name too long for the skin name causes it to glitch, so maybe try that? Also, is there both an S_SKIN and OBJECTCFG?

I'm just spitballing, but have you entered any speed stats for your character?

Make sure your MainCFG/OBJCTCFG is on the top BEFORE your S_SKIN. Otherwise, you would get the Green Sonic that can crash the game.

I'm just spitballing, but have you entered any speed stats for your character?
Tails Doll has slighty better stats than regular Tails.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I have found that having a name too long for the skin name causes it to glitch, so maybe try that? Also, is there both an S_SKIN and OBJECTCFG?

Yeah, there is an OBJECTCFG and an S_SKIN. The name isn't too long because Blades Metal Sonic doesn't have that problem.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Make sure your MainCFG/OBJCTCFG is on the top BEFORE your S_SKIN. Otherwise, you would get the Green Sonic that can crash the game.

Yeah its on the top, but I don't have the crashing Green Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back