• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

character select

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

True liar.
i've finished my character wad, but i dont know how to get them to appear on the 1 player character select screen. Can someone tell me how?

i've tryed this already, i just copied and pasted the lumps into my wad.
wait, do you have to put these in manually for it to work? not paste them?

EDIT: just tried that, never worked. is they a SOC edit involved?

With SOC editing it can be done. Apparently without SOC editing it's possible, too, but I don't know how...

... ... ... OBJCTCFG and MAINCFG are exactly the same, they are both loaded as DeHackEd files, or SOC edits. Character selection screen entrys in SOC edits are easily changeable via any plain text editor, as SOC edits are in plain text format.

its now selectable in 1 player, but as soon as i highlight the name a segment violation appears

its pointing at the picture correctly. does the picture have to use doom's 256 colour pallette?

EVERY image has to use DOOM's 256-color pallette. They haven't put in support for anything higher than 8-bit, yet...

hmm, i'll just try changing the image to 256...

EDIT: just changed the colours, but the picture is not on the character select and when i select my character the games starts using sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back