Changing skies/music in a level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a problem getting help on how to change skies in a level.
I wasnt talking about level heading, I already knew how to do that.
If you read more carefully, I said as in linedef executor.

For people that want to know how to do it, this is how:

Music:
1. Make 2 sectors, one outside your map and one inside your map.
2. Click on any linedef on the sector outside of your map and give that tag a 1 and select your linedef action as trigger repeatedly or type 96 in the box.
3. Give your sector on the inside of your map a tag of 1 also and give it a sector effect(anywhere in sector)
4. Click on another linedef in the same box outside of your map and select the linedef action, change music.
5. This may sound tricky but, depending on what tunes you want to change it to, give your linedef(your change music action linedef) the same length as you tunes you want it to change it.
Note: the linedef cannot be slanted, it must be straight.

Sky: this one is easier to do.
1. Follow the same steps like on the music part except change your action to change sky.
2.This is easy; depending on what sky image you want to change it to,
give your outside of the map sector floor height and ceiling height the same number as the sky you want it to change to.
Example: Floor height= 4 Ceilng height= 4 = sky image 4.

Thats how I learned how to do it. Thanks for reading and I hope it works for you.

If you have a problem ask me. I will give you better details and a better solution.

Starting a thread in Editing Help generally means that you yourself need help.

You did know that, right?

BlueZero4 said:
Starting a thread in Editing Help generally means that you yourself need help.

You did know that, right?

No I don't. I am nicely showing people how to do so since I know how to do it.

I doubt that you know how to do it your self.

GemEarthBrandon...

Hello GemEarthBrandon.

I see how much you are willing to help other players who don't know how to do things, however, there is a Stickied Tread here in this Forum.

If anyone needs help, full explanations are in the SRB2 Wiki, and remember, not in Wikipedia. There is a difference!
Should you need clarifications from the Wiki is a great time to post here.

Also, I've noticed this in your other posts. Please put your thoughts in one, single post. It may help with organization if you post in separate posts, but for here, one post with paragraph breaks should be the maximum. If you are willing to edit a post, you can use the edit button found at the top-right corner of any of your posts.

You said:
I doubt that you know how to do it your self.
From my knowledge of his [BlueZero4] levels, and from his broad experience here at Sonic Robo Blast 2, unfortunately for you, he does have the knowledge of making such sectors that change the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back