Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal-Rawr

Also known as Teravolt now
Sooo
cnpte.jpg

I was on my 3DS's eShop just now, and I looked at the "Games In Stores" tab... and I've seen this. It basicly looks like all of our favorite and old Cartoon Network characters like Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls, that Grim Reaper guy and Dexter on a Super Smash Bros. game. It looks pretty intresting, and I was wondering if any if you has it, and can tell me if it's any good. (I really hope it has a singleplayer campaign like Brawl)

Last edited:
My friend said that whoever wrote the dialogue in that game is horrible.

Flapjack: Ooh, it's a pirate ship! It's pretty!
Numbah 1: That's not pretty, Flapjack, that's Stickybeard!

Virt, did you see if that game have some singleplayer campaign, or is it just fighting with bots/online?
Also guys, AFAIK, voices and dialoges aren't what's important in a FIGHTING game, thank you.

Virt, did you see if that game have some singleplayer campaign, or is it just fighting with bots/online?
Also guys, AFAIK, voices and dialoges aren't what's important in a FIGHTING game, thank you.

Oh, sure. I mean, everyone wants to hear terrible dialogue over and over again!

Pretty sure there's a singleplayer capmaign. That's what the dialogue that I just posted was from.

Oh, sure. I mean, everyone wants to hear terrible dialogue over and over again!
Again, this is a FIGHTING game, you don't focus on the chatter while punching stuff. Besides you guys say everything's terrible if its not the same like 12313 years ago, which I really don't understand. Stuff changes with time.

Again, this is a FIGHTING game, you don't focus on the chatter while punching stuff.

A story is an important part of any game, Metal. It is the key part in taking the players mind, intriguing it, and making it think. A really good story should not only stick in the persons mind, but also make them think, and perhaps produce a tangible result in their real lives.

By your logic, Mother 3's story didn't matter because it was about turn based battles with enemies.
Also, Megaman Zero 4's story was pretty pointless, because the real point of the game was slashing robots with your Z-saber.

Of course, a game can still be good, entertaining, and well designed, even without a good story, but it is still missing a key element. I've played a few Cartoon Network games from time to time, though I don't own any, and the truth is, some of the were pretty fun, and challenging. But the thing is, they pale in comparison to a lot of the other things out there.

Besides you guys say everything's terrible if its not the same like 12313 years ago, which I really don't understand. Stuff changes with time.

Exaggeration much? We most certainly don't do it about everything. Stop paying attention to all the games we don't like, and look at the ones we do like. There's quite a lot of them.
And maybe the reason we don't like some of the newer versions of older games, is because they SUCK. And that's true. A large part of the videogame industry has gotten this idea that kids are too stupid to play games that are hard, take thought, or have any form of exploration or choice. Instead of stimulating their brains in any way, they feed them relative comfort food in the form of videogames.

A large part of the videogame industry has gotten this idea that kids are too stupid to play games that are hard, take thought, or have any form of exploration or choice.

Except you know, those kinds of games make money.

Sure we'd all like to see another smart, intellectual game, but there is not much we can do when companies are making more dough than Pillsbury on mindless games like Call of Duty and Kinectimals.

Homestar1052010-11-0421-08-29-50Medium.png

This was one of those games where even a promotional trailer couldn't make it look good. To put that into perspective, the promotional trailers for Sonic 06 made it look awesome, and it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back