Can't confirm my email address for my SRB2 Wiki account

Status
Not open for further replies.

742mph

My work is never done yet
I recently discovered that, though I created my SRB2 Wiki account several years ago, I had never confirmed my email address, so I can't edit pages. I told the wiki to send me a confirmation email, but it's been twelve hours and it hasn't arrived yet. I'm certain my email address is correct, the emails aren't in my Spam folder, my list of addresses to block is empty, and I've tried sending the confirmation multiple times, but still nothing. Does the wiki's server usually take the better part of a day to do anything? If not, can anyone help me get my email address confirmed?

Goodness knows the state of the SRB2 wiki server lately, there still seems to be a noticable delay in loading pages there as far as I'm concerned.

If you can direct me to the name of your SRB2 Wiki account I can probably just add you to ConfirmedUsers, which should sort your editing pages problem out for you I think.

Goodness knows the state of the SRB2 wiki server lately, there still seems to be a noticable delay in loading pages there as far as I'm concerned.

If you can direct me to the name of your SRB2 Wiki account I can probably just add you to ConfirmedUsers, which should sort your editing pages problem out for you I think.

My wiki account name is 742mph.

...oh, you're already in ConfirmedUsers, welp.

Well otherwise you could ask Alam or Logan to help you out, I suppose.

So I'm in ConfirmedUsers, but the wiki doesn't know it? That's weird. Since I haven't done anything with my account anyway, can you delete it and let me try make a new one with the same email address?

So I'm in ConfirmedUsers, but the wiki doesn't know it? That's weird. Since I haven't done anything with my account anyway, can you delete it and let me try make a new one with the same email address?

Probably more likely ConfirmedUsers just doesn't work without the email confirmation business *shrugs*

Try now, I believe I fixed the email settings.
I tried again, and this is what the wiki said:
SRB2 Wiki could not send your confirmation mail. Please check your email address for invalid characters.

Mailer returned: authentication failure [SMTP: STARTTLS failed (code: 220, response: TLS go ahead)]
The only characters in my email address are lowercase letters, numbers, an @ sign, and a ".".

ATT has our email server on a blacklist

Code:
2016-10-30 19:59:04 1c10wD-0000TT-W0 ** aaaaaaaaa@aaaaaaaaa R=dkim_lookuphost T=dkim_remote_smtp H=al-ip4-mx-vip2.prodigy.net [144.160.235.144]:
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<wiki@wiki.srb2.org>: 553 5.3.0 alph132 DNSBL:ATTRBL 521< 69.195.155.122 >_is_blocked.For information send an email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net
I've put in a request at http://rbl.att.net/cgi-bin/rbl/block_admin.cgi to have the server unblocked.
the webpage said they will look at my request in two business days

ATT has our email server on a blacklist

Code:
2016-10-30 19:59:04 1c10wD-0000TT-W0 ** aaaaaaaaa@aaaaaaaaa R=dkim_lookuphost T=dkim_remote_smtp H=al-ip4-mx-vip2.prodigy.net [144.160.235.144]:
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<wiki@wiki.srb2.org>: 553 5.3.0 alph132 DNSBL:ATTRBL 521< 69.195.155.122 >_is_blocked.For information send an email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net
I've put in a request at http://rbl.att.net/cgi-bin/rbl/block_admin.cgi to have the server unblocked.
the webpage said they will look at my request in two business days

Thank you. Let me know if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back