Can they do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I would say to them about not crediting SRB2 for the sprites:
MIBADIDEA.png

SRB2's sprites aren't meant for 2D mode, which is why somebody who commented the game said the running frames were wierd...

Okay, review of that game.

One: the running sprites sucks (meaning he chose wrong sprites for running) and aren't the right ones

Two: The gameplay is horrible.

And Three: There are so many glitches in the game it's below horrible.

If your going to use srb2 sprites at least get the right running sprites.

Oooh, the crappy engine from the old fangames... I was starting to strange it :3

But seriously, it's an epic fail. The engine sucks, the game sucks (and it would suck even if the engine was good), etc. And obviously no effort has been put in it.

Also, no, they can't use those sprites. If you want to use them for anything (not just another game), go and ask permission to SSNTails. He may give permission to you or not depending on the project.

light dasher said:
http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/27818
uses SRB2 sprites and other things, did he/they get your permission?
This game and the concept disgusts me.... stupid inferior beings...

Sik said:
Also, no, they can't use those sprites. If you want to use them for anything (not just another game), go and ask permission to SSNTails. He may give permission to you or not depending on the project.

That's where you're wrong. No legal copyright is (or CAN) be imposed on SRB2, or any of it's non-original content (I think most of the enemies could be copywritten, but still) as it's a fangame.

However, we are free to annoy the crap out of this guy, like we sometimes do with Internetgamebox.

Wait, we annoy IGB? I haven't seen this. D:

Despite trying to get SSN to make its automated e-mail address the contact address on srb2.org.

They/He/She can use the sprites because it's not illegal to take someone else's sprites. You see them in comics all the time. You see them in fan movies and everything. So that's the end of that.

Who cares? It's not like they stole something, considering the fact that srb2 is on the Internet, and can be easily spread.

Draykon said:
Sik said:

That's where you're wrong. No legal copyright is (or CAN) be imposed on SRB2, or any of it's non-original content (I think most of the enemies could be copywritten, but still) as it's a fangame.
There's a little issue here, a lot of times STJr said you couldn't steal those graphics. It has even been asked explicitly in the forum, and the answer was no. And I'm not so sure about what you say. Sonic isn't STJr's, but the sprites themselves are. So, what copyright applies in this case? We aren't talking about not allowing the usage of Sonic, we're talking about not allowing the usage of the sprites in SRB2. And then yes, STJr can have full copyright over them (can have because I don't think they actually did it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back