Can someone "translate" this error for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, you aren't releasing it at all, your asking for the character to be fixed, sowhat I suggest is ask one of the mods to move to the the suggestions and help area, get some help

EDIT: Got it, one of the emerald sprites have a wrong name, It shouldn't be EMERA0, but something else, (XD) I don't know what, but thats the error

Edit 2: I think it may be that the lump needs to have a lowercase a, so either get a hex editor, or the latest btea for XWE

There is no EMERA0 lump in the wad. That's the confusing part. It says there is an error with a lump that isn't in the wad. That's why is I asked for help.

If anyone else thinks the know what is wrong, feel free to post.

It usually happens with the last two, PLAYa and PLAYb. Those are usually capped at first glance, so make them lowercase.

make them lower case?

I use xwe and slumped and I cant get lower case how can i fix this?
this :?

Oh yea can some one translate this one to pleas ?

"R_installSpriteLump: Bad frame characters in Lump EMETA0"

If you're reading this, you're wasting part of your life....

To get it to be lowercase, get the latest beta of XWE, then go to View->Options, and then uncheck Auto-capiitalize lump names under "Entry List"

error

"R_installSpriteLump: Bad frame characters in Lump EMETA0"

is now the only error I'm getting now can some one help me with this

New

OK, new error. Some of the numerals in this error are not on the keyboard so I will desribe them in bracetes when i get to them:
R_InstallSpriteLump: Bad Frame Charecters In Lump Jetgc4o,h(o with dash through it)(square)~(another square).

Huh?

Same thing except I'm sure that lump doesn't exist at all. Send us your wad and I'll take a look at it. It's most likely either your lump arrangement, or just the text lumps.

Ok. Lets see here.

Life icons, life icon text, and character select pictures have to be above the text lumps.
This isn't a problem, but you spelled his name wrong. It's Bob-omb. It's bomb with two "bo" sounds.
In OBJCTCFG. The skin name has to be the same as in the S_SKIN.

Also, I re-arranged your sprites because they were a mess, and you had a couple of duplicates.

However I still haven't gotten it to work. But O've ruled out some possibilities here. Can someone else help?

Here's your new link
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=2428000aa1f4097eccad170c7589583b

It is? Weird.

I can't be bothered re-uploading it now. Don't worry, not much is changed.

Oh, and I was stupid, the "double sprites" were in fact the lower case ones. For some reason SLumpEd makes lower-case sprites upper-case on launch. I didn't notise it until later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back