Can somebody give me a tutorial on how to host a server on Android?

Short answer: You can't unless you use wifi from a router(ADSL/Fiber).

Long answer: Often 4G is like having everyone sharing the same router that noone but the ISP can configure. As port forward require you to edit your router config you can't port forward using mobile connection.
However that may work on wifi from a router you have access to if you correctly configured phone firewall but it's far from optimal.

I did see somebody hosting on Android, so I know it's possible. Nowadays, Port forwarding using your default gateway address might no longer be an option for you, but if you do want to access your gateway without getting your actual login details, Admin and Password work, although they might be all upper or lowercase or 1 capitalized then you can just login and access the port forwarding menu with ease and depending on which provider you have, it may not have the (Port Forwarding is now easier then ever) link to their website. My COX networks and people who use Xfinity seem to have this feature. If you use a provider that does that, they just bring you to their website's WIFI subdomain where you must log into an account that holds your Internet Router, sure the setting for porting forward isn't as easy to find now. For me, I can just click on my router on the main page and then click "see network" then I just click "advanced settings" and Port Forwarding. And here, you can actually allow port forwards for pretty much any device connected to your network, which includes Android and even game consoles (Make sure it's UDP and the number is 5029).

This won't work if you have cellular data since the port forward is exclusive to your home network.
And if it doesn't work for you then you either have to open another port or your router just doesn't support porting forward.

Some of these might require a computer but I do believe that the providers make their own apps for managing WIFI.

Hope this helps.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back