Can Metal Sonic Replay Do Full Race Laps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpool The Hedge..

Also known as "FearsomeFang"
I was thinking is it possible to make metal sonic run around 4 laps around the stage because everytime I try to create a metal sonic replay and try to pass the finish line it just spams all the laps and closes srb2 and creates the replay. But when I race normal with the same map as regular sonic the laps are fine. You can't really race around the map at all it's only when you touch the finish line.

This is my config for Srb2 Doom Builder
config.png

I was just testing some thing's and
This is what's happening...
(This is Creating the Metal Sonic Replay)
srb20319.gif

After this it quit's srb2 and creates the replay.

I know it can't be the map itself. Because it runs fine without creating the replay.
And for some reason removes the checkpoint objects when creating a replay.

I did the steps on the wiki also.
https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Metal_Sonic_race_tutorial

Last edited:
Remove the finish line from the map while recording the Metal Sonic replay, and re-add it in afterward.

Remove the finish line from the map while recording the Metal Sonic replay, and re-add it in afterward.

If I do that then this race will never finish since it has no laps and without the finish line how am I supost to stop the replay without finishing the level. It relies on the laps to end the level.

Well I guess stopdemo isn't a option because the console commands are deactivated when recording...

Last edited:
Metal Sonic replays finish writing as soon as you exit the game by any means. Alt-F4ing out of the game works fine for the purpose. It's easy to just let go of the controls once you "finish" and quit out once you've coasted to a stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back