can i use more model packs at the same time?

sa-fan

hm yes i do like to massecre an entire infection y
so i want to use danos models and a few others but can i use mode model packs at the same time like i want to do it and i will be concerend if you do not say anything

yeah you can just make sure you have all the files you need in the models folder, open the model.dat file in notepad, copy and paste the models at the bottom of the list and your good to go. now if something has more than one model from different model packs your gonna have to choose just one like if sonic has different models your gonna have to choose only one theres no way to quickly change styles of models.

yeah you can just make sure you have all the files you need in the models folder, open the model.dat file in notepad, copy and paste the models at the bottom of the list and your good to go. now if something has more than one model from different model packs your gonna have to choose just one like if sonic has different models your gonna have to choose only one theres no way to quickly change styles of models.
thanks
now i can use like more model packs making it easier
also in the models .dat do things allredy present get removed when i put a text line thats the same?

Last edited:
thanks
now i can use like more model packs making it easier
also in the models .dat do things allredy present get removed when i put a text line thats the same?
no those are the default models you wanna keep those. unless you wanna replace a model like again sonic with a different styled model but if you wanna add completely new models like a custom character or custom object model, put it at the bottom.

then why dose my junio sonic model not work?
Post automatically merged:

no those are the default models you wanna keep those. unless you wanna replace a model like again sonic with a different styled model but if you wanna add completely new models like a custom character or custom object model, put it at the bottom.
at the bottom of what?

copy and paste da line from the txt file in the model folder
ok i knew i explained something wrong uh no ok copy the folder that has the textures and stuff in the pack to the main srb2 model folder then go to the model dat file for the pack (in notepad) copy the lines for junio (or anything whatever) then paste them to the bottom of the main model file for srb2. hope i explained that right and also make sure you have opengl and models on in game.

ok i knew i explained something wrong uh no ok copy the folder that has the textures and stuff in the pack to the main srb2 model folder then go to the model dat file for the pack (in notepad) copy the lines for junio (or anything whatever) then paste them to the bottom of the main model file for srb2. hope i explained that right and also make sure you have opengl and models on in game.
ok thanks
but dose metal sonic change even if i do not put is line in the models.dat folder?

ok thanks
but dose metal sonic change even if i do not put is line in the models.dat folder?
no you have to replace metals lines with the new ones i suggest making a backup of the orignal lines for metals orignal model in like another notepad or something in case you wanna go back you might not go back but its good to have it just in case i dont know you very well so maybe you do prefer the CD styled metal model but again just in case. and this goes for all models you replace like again again sonic if you want a different model for him keep a backup of his original lines in case you wanna go back or something.

no you have to replace metals lines with the new ones i suggest making a backup of the orignal lines for metals orignal model in like another notepad or something in case you wanna go back you might not go back but its good to have it just in case i dont know you very well so maybe you do prefer the CD styled metal model but again just in case. and this goes for all models you replace like again again sonic if you want a different model for him keep a backup of his original lines in case you wanna go back or something.
oh then i will not do the replace cuz i like his current models

oh then i will not do the replace cuz i like his current models
oh ok. then you should be good i suck at explaining stuff again im a visual person so sorry if that was a little confusing but ye.
Post automatically merged:

heres some good tips if a model doesnt seem to be working either the name is wrong or the path is wrong the name is the first thing on the line if your character is called idk boink and the in the line its called boi-nk you have to have them match so no boi-nk its boink. and if the path is wrong thats the path to the model files its the second thing in the line theres words with slashes thats the path so a path would look somthing like this: DANO/WIZARD/SONIC.MD3 not exactly like that but if it looks like this: MODELS/DANO/WIZARD/SONIC.MD3 thats wrong it doesnt count the models folder its already looking in there just make sure the path is correct to how it actually is and when its correct it will be able to find the model. now if it still doesnt work after all that honestly im stumped ive had that happen to me before and idk the third thing on the line with the numbers is for big bois which im not and idk what it means but i dont touch that. i feel like i explained that terrible but ye. if the name is wrong fix it if the path is wrong fix it.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back