Can I make any frame transparent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalaron

I know I can make sprites transparent with SOC edit, but can I also make GFX transparent? Like the rings indicator or the main menu text?

You can edit the states, which allows you to make translucent GFX, although, I don't know about the main menu text or rings indicator. I'm a novice at SOCing, but I think the states are for things (items, etc.) only.

Couldn't you make it cyan to be transparent? Unless you're talking about translucent, in which case, use the right word.

Wikipedia Article said:
Transparency is the property of allowing transmission of light through a material. It is the noun form of the word transparent (for example, glass is usually transparent.)

Wikipedia Article said:
Translucency- A view through a translucent material is blurry or distorted. Examples of translucent materials are frosted glass, tracing paper, and some kinds of amber.

A window in Vista is translucent, meaning you can see through it, but the image is blurred.

Transparency means you can clearly see objects through it, just at at different tint, SRB2 only can make transparent sprites, not translucent.

I am using the correct words.

Woodstock said:
I have tried that, It dosent look to good.

That's exactly why you shouldn't use it, but it's the only workaround if that particular sprite (in this case, being a patch) doesn't support transparency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back