Can Demo Playback Start On Other Level's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpool The Hedge..

Also known as "FearsomeFang"
I've been wondering, is it possible to make the title screen demo start on other level's other then the default one's? I tryed to use the command SpStage_Start command that's in the maincfg, but that got me nowhere. I thought that using this command also effect's which level the demo currently play's back on, but sadly no. Are there any solutions to this? or is this not even possible. I also don't want to change the level header just to make it work.

Last edited:
The title screen demos load DEMO_### lumps the same way as any normal replay. Just record the replay on the map you want and it'll work.

There are no "default" maps for a title demo to start, that entirely depends on which maps you recorded the demos with in the first place as far as I'm aware? (As far as the source code implies the played map is saved into the demo lump itself)

The title screen demos load DEMO_### lumps the same way as any normal replay. Just record the replay on the map you want and it'll work.

I know the process on how to make it work, but I wanted to know the different types of levels it can work on, other then like map 01,02,03.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

There are no "default" maps for a title demo to start, that entirely depends on which maps you recorded the demos with in the first place as far as I'm aware? (As far as the source code implies the played map is saved into the demo lump itself)

So if I create a demo replay for say like map41 (MAP41MS) I have to rename the lump to DEMO_001 and it should take me to map41? Because I'm not certain if that's how it would work but I could be wrong, if anything I would think it would take me to map01.

Or do I have to make the name correspond to the map number like DEMO_041?

Last edited:
You'd think that DEMO_003 leading to MAP04 (THZ1) would've given you a little tip, but alas...

The demo name has nothing to do with the map number. The demo name is used to specify which order multiple demos should play in.

Start the game with "-warp 41 -record DEMO_001", exit out of the game when you're done dawdling around, and stick the resulting DEMO_001.lmp in your WAD file.

Oh, and before you waste your time doing anything dumb, do not use metal-recordings as title screen demos. It won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back