Buttons that won't play by the Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redsonic

Ok. Here's the deal.

I set a polygon with a height of 640 to be a button (the floor around it is 600). So, I set the sector type to LINEDEF EXECUTOR - FLOOR TOUCH.

I set the tag to 2. I make a control sector with a floor height of 600, give one it's linedefs a tag of 2.

Then, I make the target wall, with a tag of 2, and a height of 999 (the floor around it is 600).

In-game, I push the button. Nothing happens. The button doesn't even move.

I checked the wiki, it should have worked...What's happening?

nitro_the_hedghog said:
The button hates you.

It's a serious question. I need this answer to progress on my Shadow Mod.

You know, the wierd thing is, this had no troubles at all with the buttons in the first level, but now it's giving me all this crap on level 3. Lol

Test map?

And, uh, perhaps you should elaborate. I'm not exactly sure how the target wall had heighth.

Your control sector linedefs seem a little messed up. You need two linedefs, one to trigger, and one to actually execute. The trigger linedef should have a linedef type of something like 98 (trigger once). After that, you need another linedef tagged to the button as well that uses a linedef type of 106. Note that linedef type 106 draws off the control sector's floor to know what height to set the button should be lowered to. The linedef length indicates the speed the floor lowers.

Alternatively, Sector type 690. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back