Bubble shield bounce ignores lava

Krabs

he/him
Sonic Team Junior
srb20012.gif

Not much else to say here

Is this really a bug, though? The Bubble Bounce is supposed to be somewhat analogous to Fang's bounce, and indeed both of them protect against the same things.
The most I'd call it is bizarre, but then Fang can apparently shrug off lava if he hits it tail-first so :threat:

Is this really a bug, though? The Bubble Bounce is supposed to be somewhat analogous to Fang's bounce, and indeed both of them protect against the same things.
Except spikes.

I should also note that if the bubble shield's lava bounce is to be fixed, it should also not be able to bounce on brambles or other damaging floors.

The problem is actually caused by both the Bubble Shield and Fang's Bounce NOT actually landing during the bounce. Sure, they are touching the ground, but they register as if not by the game (Checking for MFE_JUSTHITFLOOR and using P_IsObjectOnGround both evaluate to false), and the hazards listed REQUIRE for the target to be grounded. There's an exception for spike things though, that only lets through a bouncing Fang out of the two. (Sorry for the bump.)

That actually makes me realize something.
Post automatically merged:

What would happen if a lava bubble would happen to stop the bubble shield from continuing to break the boundaries of lava and water?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back