Browser of choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kopper said:
I doubt anything but Firefox would. :/ Anyone who doesn't use the Fox is either lazy, stupid, or just can't get Portable working at school/work/the library, and haz no compy.
Wouldn't this count as flaming, to those who use IE?

Why does every browser say super fast and free? Is it just a gimmick that all browsers use to get you to download it?

I think I have firefox 1, I'm not sure though. I can't believe I was stupid enough to download firefox on my PSP though *pounds head on keyboard*.

I like to use Firefox for everything and every OS. I also like the addons that you can find. They can even add features that only other browsers have. Like Safari.

Also I found a hidden tool in Firefox called the Profile Manager. The Profile Manager allows you to make new profiles. So you can make a secret profile with different plugins and bookmarks. Just like in SRB2 it has command Lines. Command Line for Firefox's Profile Manager is -profilemanager.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I don't think Firefox keeps a Temporary Internet Files folder.

I take it you've never looked in your user folder (Documents and Settings)? Because Firefox definitely caches stuff - just in a different spot. Oh, and there are ways to download Flash movies in Firefox through special extensions.

I use IE, I honestly have no qualms about using it.
The only thing I hate with IE7 and FireFox, that I can think of, are the tab features that they have. I can't stand flipping through tabs on one instance of Firefox/IE for some strange reason.

Eh, it's me, I guess.

That is easy to fix. I know in Firefox, you can configure it to open links and such in a new window. I assume you can do it with IE too.

I don't see the point in opening pages in new windows. They clutter everything and to switch between them you'd usually reach down to the taskbar and click on the window you want. Tabbed browsing essentially operates similarly to the Windows taskbar except that your pages are all contained in a unified interface so that there's less clutter and micromanagement. An operating system's taskbar should honestly only be used for switching between the programs themselves, not individual gadgets or windows within that program. One of the big reasons I'm not using GIMP, for example, is because, when I accidentally click outside one of the windows and bring another to the foreground, I need to bring back all five of the little windows GIMP has (why do they have individual taskbar entries, anyway?!). That's just a waste of time in my opinion, though, hey, it'll be fixed in 2.6 with its new Single Window interface. Really, having a single window is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back