Bowties and Ginger Hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
Posted by Cue on 04-21-2011 02:43 PM.

If you were around at about the time this message was posted, you may have seen an image that looked like this on your screen when you accessed the message board:

http://cdn.spgrab.com/alwog2tqt.png

If you did, congratulations, you just experienced what we here at Sonic Team Junior call “Downtime”! Or, “Cue broke the board time”!

We apologise for the inconvenience, unfortunately a configuration error corrupted our vBulletin Database so we have used a Police Public Call Box to travel back in time to Sunday the 17th of April. FORTUNATELY thanks to the power of paradoxes, I have managed to now recover all posts and threads, so they’re all up to date now!

What were we was Cue doing that caused this problem? You’ll see!

Feel free to discuss my idiocy here.
More...

Last edited:
Unfortunate, but forgivable

I too am annoyed that the server was down, it delayed the posting of my new mod, but it's totally forgivable. A complex site like this is of course prone to minor problems such as a temporary shutdown, and you shouldn't bash yourself too hard about it.

Uh Cue, you can drag the icons for the post title into the post, like this:
icon1.gif
icon7.gif
icon13.gif
icon6.gif
icon12.gif
icon5.gif
icon11.gif
icon4.gif
icon10.gif
icon3.gif
icon9.gif
icon2.gif
icon8.gif
icon14.gif

We can remove the image tag if you want, and not let anyone put images in posts?

I just noticed we lost all the members that registered after April 17th. They still exist on the test forum, though.

Last edited:
The important stuff is there, the users lost hadn't posted (we'd know, there'd be broken posts lying around) and the avatars aren't exactly difficult to upload again.

Ahh Errors. How much we hate them. So approximately how many users were lost? (I'm just curious)

The important stuff is there, the users lost hadn't posted (we'd know, there'd be broken posts lying around).
But two of them did post and there are broken posts lying around. Check this post by one of them, and also, the last post on the same thread in the index is by one of the lost members, RXXCornea, but there is no post by that member in the thread.

That's why I brought it up here, if they didn't post I wouldn't have said anything. :P

I could stand for the others being gone, but a well-placed :mrgreen: always tends to brighten the atmosphere. Mind, that's only on the default skin; :mrgreen: tends to not look good on the only skin worth using (IE Tidal).

Introducing: Mr. Baseplate, in four gorgeous sizes.

mrbaseplate16.gif
mrbaseplate32.gif
mrbaseplate64.gif
mrbaseplate.gif

I'll see if they checked "Allow Admins to email me" and drop them an email if they have to let them know then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back