Boost Drive

[Open Assets] Boost Drive 1.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

orbitalviolet

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
orbitalviolet submitted a new resource:

Boost Drive - A modified Metal Sonic ability designed to play around Boost Mode and keep your flow going.

A replacement active ability for Metal Sonic, Boost Drive allows him to weave through obstacles too difficult for Boost Mode.

View attachment 181392
When used while outside of Boost Mode, gain a small upward impulse and redirect your momentum for tighter maneuvers.
View attachment 181393
When used while in Boost Mode, your Boost Mode is converted to a huge upward impulse, allowing you to...

Read more about this resource...
 
Hi orbitalviolet! I discovered that the Mystic Realm Community Edition ended up using this ability for Metal Sonic by default, happens at the base addon! I have no idea why they did this. Looks like some members caught wind of your development! I do get the fact you don't like it, but seriously hover and flight are DESIGNED to be bypass for a reason! Looks like there is now way to use console commands or other functions to disable it and revert back to hover even if the addon is loaded. I think you SHOULD add a reverse command, this is necessary for other addons that use this one built-in, especially unknowingly without the user's permission or knowledge (MYSTIC REALM CE DID NOT MENTION THE CHARACTER CHANGES, METAL SONIC, WITH WARNING, THEY SHOULD'VE! I AM NOW MAKING THAT MANDATORY!) like me when just playing casually! WARNING: Looks like some files downloaded as addons can actually be updated remotely without needing to reinstall, XMomentum is a great example of that, I had an older file of it back then, it recently updated for hyper transformation while I still had the old file, it somehow managed to grab onto the new code and swap out the old one. (I have no idea how XMomentum did this) So if you update this mod remotely, this will not only affect your base add-on, it may also suddenly affect the other ones that use this (I do not know if it actually does that) which may cause further issues, I recommend getting into contact with the community mystic realm before attempting to update this addon. Maybe also have them given mandatory orders to add commands in the console to reverse and disable the boost drive regardless if it's loaded, also make it default on, can be turned off with console. Since I know you are a legit developer and member with SRB2, (because those people have the orange Sonic Team Junior tag with their usernames or display names), you essentially have higher authority, go ahead and use it, accordingly. Yeah maybe having addons suddenly use other ones built-in without the players knowledge is really a bad idea isn't it? Tell the devs of MRCE that their attempt at silently modifying Metal Sonic has FAILED as SOMEONE caught onto them! Do NOT tell anyone of the Mystic Realm Community it was me! By the way, I played SRB2 and the addons, variety of them in Message Board, in like 2025, long before creating this account, so I'm new in terms of account details, but in reality, nope! I know what I'm doing! Yeah I literally created this account just to talk with others, track addons more easily, etc... Bye!
 
Is it possible to make an alternative version of this mod that moves this ability to Custom 1?
 
Wow someone actually read my messages, alright. Um, I do not make add-ons, I just play and experience them, Mystic Realm Community Edition didn't mention their usage of this adding, or changes to othe4 characters in their description. That thing is a WIP so whatever, but still, always a good idea for a little heads up. Although I do agree with you, move the trigger for that boost drive to custom 1 instead of just the jump button.
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back
Top