• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Boom Sprites W.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't Edit my sprites. I posted them here so People could give opinion's, and helpful Comments. If you don't like the eyes, then please don't comment about them. i Personally think the eyes are too crossed in the original SRB2 and in hitKid61's edit of my sprite. Like i said, I'm still working on them. Thank's to All who gave helpful Advice.

You know how ironic you are sounding right now? These aren't even your sprites to begin with. All you did was make a sloppy edit of SSN's and MotorRoach's sprites.

EDIT:
Hitcoder has no reason to apologize to you.

Last edited:
How About This?
nPERI1c.png

I Lightened his Wrappings, And Shortened his Brows.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

You know how ironic you are sounding right now? These aren't even your sprites to begin with. All you did was make a sloppy edit of SSN's and MotorRoach's sprites.

EDIT:
Hitcoder has no reason to apologize to you.

I understand the bases were not my Sprites, However, i first got permission from MotorRoach for Knuckles.

And Everyone edits from the Original cast. i am not that good a base Artist.
I did not ask for an Apolgy from Hitkid.

Ok, no offence, but here's what I think:

EWWWWW That is Disgusting.

Please use my one as an example. It isn't cross eyed, doesn't look high, and doesn't look like it's going to drift off to sleep. -_-

Then don't fucking claim shit as your own. Just because someone lets you edit their sprites doesn't mean its completely yours.

Then don't fucking claim shit as your own. Just because someone lets you edit their sprites doesn't mean its completely yours.

Why are you telling him this? He either won't listen, or he should already know as it's common sense. Don't waste your time on this guy. He's not even listening to what people are telling him to do. He insists on making sonic looks tired, dying, or high.

Also ChezBurd, try starting sprites from scratch, and not basing them off the default sprites. Also, try not to use pillow shading. Also, you're making this for the public, so do as they request, and if you want to choose everything you're doing, don't publish it. If you're not going to listen to what people have to say, then don't bother with this.

Last edited:
Unless your giving him examples of fixing his sprites, or just giving him advice, you should not be fight over a sprite, or edits. If you don't even like the sprites, why don't you stop posting on this topic. I think myself the Sprites are fine, and IMO, It's how I imagine the Sonic from "Sonic Boom."

Try starting sprites from scratch, and not basing them off the default sprites.

[21:22] <MotorRoach> Trust me, trying to edit the original sprite might be more complicated than it sounds.

This is so true.

If you don't even like the sprites, why don't you stop posting on this topic.

I hate when this trump card is used... Basically if you make a thread in the Editing Section, people are more than welcome to criticize what the person has done so far. If their work is bad, they just need to either ignore it or accept it and make it better. If you can't take opinions, you are a bitch.

Last edited:
I was just making a point that Chezburd has not taken any advice from anyone, whatsoever. It'd be nice if he did it for the public, rather than just for himself.

Unless your giving him examples of fixing his sprites, or just giving him advice, you should not be fight over a sprite, or edits. If you don't even like the sprites, why don't you stop posting on this topic. I think myself the Sprites are fine, and IMO, It's how I imagine the Sonic from "Sonic Boom."

You just contradicted yourself, as I told him to not even continue with this publicly, if he's not taking advice from anyone, as that is clearly what the editing section is for.

I never said that I didn't like the sprites or the project idea, I just said I'm not interested in anything with Sonic Boom, I just tried to give advice, and an example to help Chezburd, but he took my comment as an offence for some reason. I don't know how this became a flame war, one minute, I was giving advice, the next, I'm being raged at. ._.

Anyway, I think this is getting very irrelevant now.
The sprites are messy, please start from scratch, as motorroach said
MotorRoach said:
Trust me, trying to edit the original sprite might be more complicated than it sounds.

Last edited:
I personally like it, and this is coming from a guy who made a Sonic Boom md2 (now that I look back at the ones in archives, I shiver out of disgust, my newer one looks identical to the one in the trailers), that's something. The only thing that I dislike, is in some parts of the sports tape it has some pixels that seem too dark in comparison to the others. But so far, this and tails that was shown earlier in this topic, are great imo.

I personally think the spines are a bit messy, and the eyes still look incorrect. I want the sprites to be newly drawn from scratch, as they'll look more like Sonic Boom. Give them more of a cartoon appearance.

I personally think the spines are a bit messy, and the eyes still look incorrect. I want the sprites to be newly drawn from scratch, as they'll look more like Sonic Boom. Give them more of a cartoon appearance.

Ooh, I took a closer look at the spines, and I think I know why it's messy. You added an extra spike :o. There is only one spike under his second spike thingy:

Ooh, I took a closer look at the spines, and I think I know why it's messy. You added an extra spike :o. There is only one spike under his second spike thingy:

Large image below.

Congrats on the MD2, it's awesome!

By the way, it's not that that makes it look messy to me, what I'm talking about, is the shading is a bit blotchy.

I also love how the new style of Sonic characters (for sonic boom) have a crash bandicoot feel, as it was developed by NaughtyDog, and an X-NaughtyDog dev is working with sega. =P

Last edited:
Congrats on the MD2, it's awesome!

By the way, it's not that that makes it look messy to me, what I'm talking about, is the shading is a bit blotchy.

I also love how the new style of Sonic characters (for sonic boom) have a crash bandicoot feel, as it was developed by NaughtyDog, and an X-NaughtyDog dev is working with sega. =P

Well that's not my model, it's a model a good friend of mine made. He made this high poly version off of Sonic colors, and I made mine on Sonic heroes.

Also, the shading might be blotchy from the lack of space, and space is what that extra spine is taking. Then again, the original sonic sprite for srb2's spine looks weird.

Honestly, if someone would explain to me, how to delete this project from the srb2 forum, i would. I am still working on them, and I'd rather work on them privately then in the open forum. So if anyone can help me delete this project from the forum. Please do.

I understand the bases were not my Sprites, However, i first got permission from MotorRoach for Knuckles.

I gave you permission to use the sprites and nothing else. Learn to take advice when people edit said sprites to make a point.

Besides, if you think people don't like your sprite right now, working on it privately will just make things worse. If that's what you want, you are just digging yourself in a hole even more than you are now, by only taking your own opinion into consideration. What if nobody likes how the final result came out once you release it? What if there is a lot wrong in the character that you didn't see before but everyone else did? Face it, you need to take more opinions in consideration other than your own, unless you will never get better. At all.

Also, yes, your sprite does looks odd. It doesn't really looks like Sonic at all anymore. It's overdetailed, and the hairstyle is really inaccurate. The shape of his eyes is also too open, so I recommend you consider looking for reference to know what you're doing with this design.

Last edited:
Honestly, if someone would explain to me, how to delete this project from the srb2 forum, i would. I am still working on them, and I'd rather work on them privately then in the open forum. So if anyone can help me delete this project from the forum. Please do.

(Pssst, message me the wad when you are finished :3. Unlike the others, I find a liking to the sprites.)

I'll send you the wad if i finish it, bit it's doubtful i will put it on releases. And I'd still like to delete this " Boom Sprites W.I.P" page. I'd rather not keep it to the public.

Ugh. I look at these sprites and I think "These look nothing like sonic boom sonic at all"...
I mean, he's short ._.
Sonic boom sonic is known as "Tall sonic", so that doesn't bod well at all.
The shading is so terrible as well. I can under stand it being sharply shaded in areas where there isn't much space, but these sprites are just color banded as HELL.
half of the color used, not counting the shading and transparency, is BLUE.
Plain no shade BLUE.
Seriously?
Secondly, the eyes. Make the eyes look right. They look like triangles and nothing like ovals.
Thirdly, I recommend making hi-res to fit in the details you cant get in or just not trying to fit them in at all. Some things just don't look right when they're too large, which sadly, is pretty much every small spine in these sprites.

EDIT:

I'll send you the wad if i finish it, bit it's doubtful i will put it on releases. And I'd still like to delete this " Boom Sprites W.I.P" page. I'd rather not keep it to the public.

You? Wow. Wow that's pathetic. You do something wrong, people help you fix it, and you get pissed and try to cover it up?
You cant delete it. You can ask for it to be locked. But that's it. Mystic or someone better lock this shit down before it turns into a flame war. Because SOMEONE cant take a little constructive criticism...

I'd say leave this up. Maybe the OP will probably come back with new sprites in the future or something like that.

Also does it matter the way it's looks Phil. It doesn't have to portray the Sonic Boom Sonic. He can do whatever he wants cause it's his own project. Also he has his reasons to work on this privately, give him a god damn break.

Also does it matter the way it's looks Phil. It doesn't have to portray the Sonic Boom Sonic. He can do whatever he wants cause it's his own project.

Yes, of course it matters. If you can't get the design to look accurate, calling it your own design just makes the whole concept of the project completely misleading. It's a horrible excuse to avoid taking criticism.

And I don't think it's a good idea, speaking for him like that. "He has his reasons to work on this privately". Bullshit, unable to take feedback is just very anti social and not a good idea by any means.

It's also his own fault for wanting to delete the thread, he's just shaming himself even more. Not only the chances are unlikely to happen, but even if it does gets deleted, people will know what happened, everyone who witnessed this thread will not forget this thread existed just because it disappeared, and that will just ruin the guy's reputation if he keeps wanting it to happen, specially if it goes unjustified.

TL;DR: Get off your high horse and learn to improve as an artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back