Boo!

Boo! V1

Kirb

Kirb The Korb
Kirb submitted a new resource:

boo - (aha you got scared by the title didn't you?)

i had to resubmit this mod because of a bug, lmao
boo from the soup maurice co-existents series (aka super mario bros.) is here to spook some plumbers!

abilities:​

1-fly, press jump to fly upwards
View attachment 65121

2-hide, press spin to hide from enemies, you can't get any damage and no enemy will notice your presence, it drains one ring per second and you can't move
[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

and here's another character from Mario arrived in srb2 a very good mod behind boo very interesting to play

This mod is pretty cool but its not one of the best.
Post automatically merged:

ill give it a 5.6/10 not bad..

Boo is neat, though I do have some thoughts regarding their capabilities.
Boos can target things through transparent things, like glass. This is kinda neat, making Boo able to sometimes teleport through glass or grates, but if there isn't a target to get OUT, you can softlock yourself. Considering Boo Mario was able to phase through grates at will in Super Mario Galaxy, we could just give that ability to Boo here. May be easier said than done, but would be a neat thing to have.
Boo can't break things or spin under certain obsticles. This COULD be terrible for Boo, but luckily you can still pathfind your way through the game from start to finish. Making Boo smaller would help the ghost duck through more paths, but Boo may not need it.
Boo being able to harm things without teleporting is very much needed. Pretty sure the final boss would be a softlock otherwise, so it's good you can just kinda float into things.
Boo can hang on to the conveyor belts in Arid Canyon, but can't get out unless the poor thing uses all it's rings hiding. It can't really jump out.
I think it would be neat if Boo could just... phase off the minecarts. Would be a funny way to skip all those Minecart sections.
Boo being able to stay grounded is kinda odd to me. I blame Boo Mario, he bounced when he touched the ground.
Boo and anti-gravity is wack, to say the least. Falling and rising don't quite seem to work as intended when the spooky ones go upside-down.
Teleporting into the wall-snails kills you. Maybe don't let Boo teleport if the ghost would die doing so? Would be a nice quality of life thing.
Hiding is underwhelming... for stealth, at least. You stop ALL your momentum, and you just kinda stay there. I tried using this against the final boss and... it didn't seem to help much, to say the least. And, most notably, if you hide in the air, it takes forever to get moving again. Bosses and enemies alike seem to mostly aim for where they last saw Boo before hiding, which ends up just being where you actually are, making it a very... NOT useful stealth thing.
Stealth is overrated, though, and hiding has one amusingly useful feature: a hitbox. This lets you do somewhat odd things, like hurt enemies and blocking laser beams despite Boo being transparent, which I would normally assume to be Boo trying to phase through stuff, not tank it.
Finally, it's perhaps TOO easy getting score as a Boo. If you never touch the ground, your combo never resets, allowing you to gain absurd amounts of score, especially in Greenflower.

Overall... Boo makes for a neat character. There isn't too much to the moveset, but I feel there doesn't need to be.

Attachments

• srb20010.png
    srb20010.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 100
  • srb20009.png
    srb20009.png
    697.6 KB · Views: 88
  • srb20008.png
    srb20008.png
    1 MB · Views: 95
  • srb20012.png
    srb20012.png
    791.8 KB · Views: 92
  • srb20013.png
    srb20013.png
    708.5 KB · Views: 98
Kirb don't have to scare me with that title! I almost had a heartattack... 0/10 because of that. (Tom I'll try him out for real this time)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back