• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Bonus levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetKrazy

how do you make a level with a 'collect the rings' thing, like the levels where you have to collect rings to get an emerald. Like, "Collect 75 Rings" or something like that

i think you make a control sector, then set the sector as special stage, the floor is the time, and the height is the rings... i think....

That doesn't really seem to make sense. Isn't it like water, where there is a seperate sector outside the main sector where one of the sidedefs are joined with the sectors of the main map?

I mean, look at the lest bonus level, you collect like only 100 rings(was it that?) but I think that last bonus level was the biggest

Any map from MAP50 to MAP56, inclusive, is treated as a special stage. This range can be moved around through SOC editing, but you have to have exactly 7 special stages.

You'll need a sector of this type to determine the time given and the rings required on the level. The sector doesn't have to be off-map, but you'll probably want it to be.

Thanks, I don't really get the floor height and ceiling height thing, but I'll check out MAP50-56 and figue it out

Change

"ceiling height is rings required in seconds"

to

"ceiling height is rings required to finish the level"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back