Blaze Mega Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? The preloaded Sonic game is just S&K? NOT S3K? Blasphemous!

Overall, I believe they may be on to something here.

DARN IT, this topic's title lied to me! I thought maybe someone had made a ROM hack of Blaze the cat in Sonic 2 or something. D': *shot*

Anyway, Mega Drive remakes like these have been around for quite a while, this isn't anything new. In fact, I've read about the portable version of what you posted last year.

Dr.Pepper said:
DARN IT, this topic's title lied to me! I thought maybe someone had made a ROM hack of Blaze the cat in Sonic 2 or something. D': *shot*
Oddly enough, I thought the same thing.

Dr.Pepper said:
Anyway, Mega Drive remakes like these have been around for quite a while, this isn't anything new. In fact, I've read about the portable version of what you posted last year.
I'd honestly have this instead.

FoxBlitzz said:
PAL-only? Boo. I was never fond of 50FPS.
Indeed. Many NES and Genesis games, Sonic included, were slowed down for the PAL releases. Even the occasional game today like Dead Rising Wii and MadWorld get shitty PAL conversions (with no option to go NTSC like most games these days)

I'll Begin said:
FoxBlitzz said:
Indeed. Many NES and Genesis games, Sonic included, were slowed down for the PAL releases. Even the occasional game today like Dead Rising Wii and MadWorld get **** PAL conversions (with no option to go NTSC like most games these days)

Wait, Australia uses NTSC? I thought they use something different.

I'll Begin said:
FoxBlitzz said:
Indeed. Many NES and Genesis games, Sonic included, were slowed down for the PAL releases. Even the occasional game today like Dead Rising Wii and MadWorld get **** PAL conversions (with no option to go NTSC like most games these days)
Here's a weird one for ya: My friend recently got a Model 1 Mega Drive. Sonic 1 and 2 were later bought. Only Sonic 1 was markedly slow. Sonic 2 felt the same as it ever did (In Sonic 1, the music was slowed, whereas in Sonic 2 it was the same speed that I expected.).

:SonicMaster: said:
I'll Begin said:
FoxBlitzz said:

Nope, we use PAL like Europe so we're considered the same region (bullshit release dates). Most PAL games this generation (as well as most GC games last generation) have an option to switch between PAL50 and PAL60 (60 being the equivalent to NTSC. THIS is what i was getting at.)

I'll Begin said:
I'll Begin said:
FoxBlitzz said:

Nope, we use PAL like Europe so we're considered the same region (bullshit release dates). Most PAL games this generation (as well as most GC games last generation) have an option to switch between PAL50 and PAL60 (60 being the equivalent to NTSC. THIS is what i was getting at.)

I see, but whats the point at going PAL50 when PAL60 is usually better?

Autosaver said:
I'll Begin said:
I'll Begin said:
FoxBlitzz said:

Nope, we use PAL like Europe so we're considered the same region (**** release dates). Most PAL games this generation (as well as most GC games last generation) have an option to switch between PAL50 and PAL60 (60 being the equivalent to NTSC. THIS is what i was getting at.)

I see, but whats the point at going PAL50 when PAL60 is usually better?

Some older TVs have problems displaying or cannot display PAL60 at all, the same goes for any NTSC technology and PAL-M/N.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back