• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Blade's Character Topic (Current Project : Metal Sonic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...damn... THAT IS ONE SMEXY HUNK OF PIXELS!

I hereby declare a state of war between Blade and Chrispy.

As far as Death frame touchups, maybe take the majority of that darkest gray and replace it with some blue?

Last edited:
So, the question came up in #'fun about how Metal's neck worked. Me and Senku brainstormed a bit, and came up with this. So, do you guys like it with the neck or without?
msneck.png

Well it seems a lot more practical and makes more sense, but that's just me. I'm not sure.

The hole in the neck makes him look like he has a mouth. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. ._.

I think the sprites without the neck look better. I agree with Virt, the neck can kind of look like a mouth. Also, I don't think you have to worry about how to make the neck work :P Robotnik's a genius, so he could probably make Metal Sonic's head turn and move without a neck at all. (Also, Sonic doesn't have one, so Metal Sonic most likely wouldn't either).

Yes, but Metal is a robot, Sonic is not. Sonic obviously would lack some type of hole for a connecting rod or whatever.

I personally think the one with the neck is ugly. I would go with the neckless one.

It just, doesn't look right. I can't really explain it.

Yes, but Metal is a robot, Sonic is not. Sonic obviously would lack some type of hole for a connecting rod or whatever.

I probably shouldn't have worded it that way, but I don't think (regarding the neck) that you have to get down into all the nitty-gritty details :P
What I was trying to say was that with the current pictures, it looks better without a neck, and I'd rather have it look nice than worry about if it would function correctly assuming it was real.

Don't worry about what functions, focus on what looks right. To me, the neck thing is a bit akward. There would probably be several players that would see that and be like "What is THAT!?"

I think there is too much dark shading on the front view falling up and death sprites. Maybe layer the shading a little more evenly.
EDIT: Like this:
msneck59540.png

Notice the more even shading on the chin/neck/whatever.

Last edited:
I really don't know anything about what kinds of abilities are possible, since I have never SOC'ed.

You can do ALMOST anything. (Not ANYTHING, thanks to the nerfed 2.0 system >.>)
Maybe something like the speed thok, but more like, IDK, a jet dash?

What do you mean? You can do ALMOST NOTHING. To do "Anything" would require EXE modding, and no one wants to do that for a single character.

I assumed Metal's neck was not there, and that he was held together by magnetic forces. Head moving by mini-thrusters in his spines.

Sonic doesn't have a neck. You don't need to apply logic to make Metal Sonic's not exist as well.

So, the question came up in #'fun about how Metal's neck worked. Me and Senku brainstormed a bit, and came up with this. So, do you guys like it with the neck or without?
msneck.png

i personally love your sprite it looks awesome but the neck just doesn't feel right...like the sonic characters have never really had necks soo it just dont feel right to me... thats all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back