• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Bite the Turtle Progress

Icezer

Local Ice Cube Frien. Robotic Hedgehog Enthusiast.
After keeping things under the hood for most of dev, I thought I'd take the time to make a WIP thread for this guy. This thread will be updated whenever possible and is mostly going to be used to gauge interest/show progress.
Bite_CSS_Newer.png

This here is Bite.
His gameplay was originally inspired by the Blue Shell/Ice Flower power-ups from New Super Mario Bros.

Code has been worked on pretty on-and-off, and sprites are the only notable thing he needs at the moment. Thankfully people have volunteered, but they have their own fair share of things to deal with right now.

srb20316.gif

srb20323.gif

srb20317.gif

He can use that sturdy shell of his to tank damage up to 2 times, plow through spikes/breakable walls, and even reflect projectiles! It's pretty weak on the bottom though, so don't try hopping onto spikes from above unless you want trouble. He can also bounce off of walls while he's in his shell.

srb20329.gif

Not enough room to start spinning? No worries, crouching will get you under small gaps no problem!

srb20326.gif

srb20334.gif

His aerial ability lets him double jump, getting some extra height while shooting out some ice balls from his shell. These ice balls are mainly inspired by Mario mode in physics/appearance and have auto-aim, by the way! Pressing the button again will allow him to spiral downwards creating an icy explosion upon contact with the ground. The explosion and ice balls can be used to freeze enemies (not pictured) and will allow many enemies to be neutralized within a moment's notice.

srb20324.gif

If you happen to collect all of those Chaos Emeralds, turning super will bump the ice ball count from 3 to 6, notably increase the explosion's blast radius, and allow the explosion to demolish spikes.

Along with some other smaller things, I sadly can't show off enemy freezing just yet, so I politely ask everyone to stay tuned.

I hope people find him as interesting as I tried to make him!​

Last edited:
Yes, Koopa the Turtle. But seriously tho keep up the good work.(Maybe make him slower cuz you know like... turtle)
Post automatically merged:

Hol` up i just noticed, it`s you Icezer!

A small bit of progress on coding has been made, but still nothing notable to show yet sadly.
Hopefully he can wake up sometime soon...
srb20528.gif

srb20527.gif

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back