Votes: 0 0.0%
  • four swords adventures

• the minish cap

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ocarina of Time, hands down. I found the 2D games to be tedious and boring. I just love the length and depth of the game. OoT's graphics are pretty darn good for an N64 game, too.
I've also beaten Ocarina of Time Master Quest on the GCN. ;P

Four Swords, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. (In Majora's Mask I'm stuck at the part after you get the Zora mask >_>; )

I can't decide between Link's Awakening or Ocarina of Time. Both games have worlds to them that just captivate my imagination unlike any other game in the series - a quality to it I can't describe. I suppose in Link's Awakening it would merely be that it was my first Zelda, or the sheer vastness of Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time (sure, sure, it's a small part of a large world, but it still rocks my socks nevertheless).

For the record, I thought the first game was unmercifully difficult in comparison (where hints are usually vague, secrets are abound including MANDATORY secrets you'd have a hard time getting, etc.) if still fun, Adventure of Link to be tedious (level grinding FTL), Link to the Past was great (but lacks that feeling Link's Awakening game me...), Wind Waker was just fine despite sailing a lot breaking the flow up a bit, the Flagship games (Oracles, Minish Cap) good but ultimately forgettable, and I've never played Majora's Mask or any Four Swords.

Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask are BY FAR the best. I can't wait fdor Twilight Princess. That is gonna be awsome.

Dark Mystic said:
Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask are BY FAR the best. I can't wait fdor Twilight Princess. That is gonna be awsome.

Exactlty Dark, agree with you 100% I really can't decide between those 2 though...

And Shadow Hog if you never played Majora's mask, then you dont know what your missing.

OOT had a better story and awesome movie-like music, and that time-traveling scene where link puts the master sword in and out is so friggin cool.

Majora's mask concept was good but the story could have been alittle better. This game was awesome because you could really interact with characters and multiple scenarios. Also you would have to complete certain dungens in a limited amount of time. The graphics are alittle better then OOT espicially since you need the expansion pack, The gameplay was altered alot and the alternate forms made the game awesome. Did i mentioned, FIERCE DEITY! That was one of the coolest expiriences i ever had in the Legend of Zelda series. Fierce Deity Link is my favorite of all the links in the series. The only disappointment though, was the ending, the final battle was way too easy and Fierce Diety link could kill him in less then 2 min. If you want a challenge in the final battle, dont use Fierce Deity.

I really can't decide between the two, they are to me, the best in the series and Twilight Princess looks to be even better.

Shuffle said:
Ocarina of Time, hands down. I found the 2D games to be tedious and boring. I just love the length and depth of the game. OoT's graphics are pretty darn good for an N64 game, too.
I've also beaten Ocarina of Time Master Quest on the GCN. ;P

I was going to put that on the list but it said I had too many options.

Played Oracle of Ages in a WalMart in the middle of nowhere in Maine in 2003. Worst summer of my life, by the way. But that was my first Zelda game. I loved it. I didn't even get through the first dungeon, of course, but I later bought both Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons.

I liked Ages far more then Seasons, but then I got A Link to the Past / FourSwords GBA and could never go back to them again. I haven't been able to play FourSwords on it with anyone yet, though I've jealously watched people in my homeroom play nearly every morning several years ago in highschool, but I know how much it rocks anyway, just by watching the intro... :|

Thus, I got FourSwords Adventures for the GCN and played through it all at once. I loved it. I obsessed over it. I found it unbearable how it completely lacked new things to find or do after I beat it. :| I tried playing through it with my neighbors' kids, but they're bratty 12 and 11 year olds who repeatedly toss you into a pit until you die just because you're doing better then them and angerly turn off the game and run away to cry when you kill them back. Not exactly fun to play with, especially since there's 3 of us total, so we have Purple to fight over...

Recently, I played through Ocarina of Time and began playing through Majora's Mask. While Ocarina of Time is indeed vast, I feel it is very much lacking something and the prerendered scenes drive me nuts... I always hated that about N64 games, pretty much walking on a JPG... :| Some of the later dungeons like the Fire Temple are much too easy, I think Jabu Jabu's belly was harder then them.

Speaking of which, I still have to close my eyes whenever near Lord Jabu Jabu. It was creepy enough dealing with him in 2D in the Oracles, but seeing (and HEARING) this giant fish with large, sharp teeth (literally razor sharp, as they are infinitively thin) and a giant tongue, suspended in a vast pool, ever swishing it's tail... It's too much for me. I have an inexplicable fear of infinity and giant swimming/flying things.

In my fun OoT object replacing play, going through every possible value in the object list to see what's out there aside from the Arwing, I accedentally placed a Jabu Jabu and discovered that, while it opens it's mouth for you, the door (and platform to place a fish) are seperate objects and you can walk right through the back of his throat without it...

And once I replaced the object with one of Bongo Bongo's hands, which was creepy, as it didn't do anything without the head and froze the game when I shot it.

And once I replaced the object with the giant miniboss octorok, which immediately began to circle around where I placed it much like the Egg Slimer, even passing through walls on it's way.

And once I replaced the object with that dragon boss, or part of it, anyway... So whenever I went outside, the dragon's head and front arms popped out of the ground and it crashed before it went back into the ground, very scarey.

Thus, I find OoT is far too vast for me. The game itself is okay, but the discoveries I've made beyond it sicken and frighten me to no end. 3D is too real for JTE, even with triangle noses. :cry:

And Majora's Mask annoys me to no end... No matter how many people you help, no matter how far you go, no matter what you do or collect, it nearly all resets every half hour or so. :? I played all the way through the first dungeon though, it was great. And that boss was gigantic and musical... Bongo Bongo from OoT is still my absolute favorite at the moment, though.

In any case, A Link to the Past is still my favorite game of the bunch. If only for the absolute feeling of endlessness to it while lacking the feeling of emptyness from it.

I still love Ocarina of Time. It's just like the big step Mario took from 2D to 3D, OoT is the very same. Majora's mask... I stopped playing it after I saw the ice temple's inside. The camera looked up to show all the stuff I needed to pass, and I just closed the game. I also liked A Link To The Past. That was a good game. I only played it on the GBA though, since you could play Four Swords and get the medalions to unlock the final sword move. Maybe I shouldn't sold it.... I might buy it back.

And the Minish Cap? Man I keep forgetting I download it. It's sitting on my computer and I only played the first 2 minutes of the game. If I wasn't so busy, I'd sit down and play the rest of the game.

Ocarina of time was my very first Zelda game and i loved it..
I really never played the 2d games before OOT so i didnt know much about it.

But after playing the 2d titles, i dont really enjoyed it as much as the 3d titles.

This is how long it took me to beat these games.

Ocarina of time- 11 months.....(i was a noob to the series)
Majora's mask- 2 months (also my 2nd zelda game)
Link to the past- 5 days
Oracle of seasons-2 months
Oracle of Ages- month and a half
Wind Waker -2 days
Minish cap- 2 days
4 swords - one day

I think thats all the zelda titles i played... :roll:

Ashura The Hedgehog said:
What's the difference with The Ledgend Of Zelda OoT:Master Quest &
The Ledgend Of Zelda OoT?

Master Quest had new dungeon layouts that made them harder. There was no difference in the game's story, cutscenes, or non-dungeon areas. I don't see much a point in putting MQ on the poll anyways; MQ is basically just an OoT mod, so OoT would count as your favorite game regardless then.

The Oracles were always my favorites. Two full-size Zelda games released at the same time, with the scope of the awesome Link's Awakening, for the win.

Personally, I like Link to the Past the best, but it's a contest of some of the best games ever, so it's really like picking favorites in nearly flawless games. Ocarina of Time, Link's Awakening, and Majora's Mask are also 5 star titles, as well.

I've played all of the 3d ones. By far, Just finding Glitches in MM was a real kicker for me. I'd stand around in one area for half of one the games days for a glitch. It's fun How you can make things respawn when the day becomes night...Kinda Creepy too. O.o

Although, my least favorite area was the swamp due to its over simplicity. I prefer to Ramble about Ikana And Pick fights with Stalchilds then go piss King Ikana off. The fact you could revert time back to day one just supered the replayabilty and What I would do. Shoot, rather than shoot a light arrow at the Sun Block in levels, I would actually go the long way.

My favorite Dungeon has to be Stone Tower. The complications I saw just looking at it made me wet myself once >_> So I begin my trek just to get to the top and claim my prize. Suprise, suprise. There's more. I should have figured that after seeing the owl statue, but my suspsicions grew there. I knew it was possible to beat that whole level in just the Three day span, but I could only seem to do it in two cycles, which really pissed me off. Yes, did use the inverted song of time, so don't ask me that...

On a graphical scale, this game was gorgeous. 'Course I had an expansion pack and that must have done that, but I digress... it was still beautiful to see. The sea areas would look better if there weren't so much distruction (I might make an SRB2 Map of the beach all fix and stuff! =D). The mountain region was really nice. The snow and purity of the area compelled my will, and it grew stronger as I battled on through Snowhead.

*cough* If you read all that, then you've got some time on your hands. Got more? Give me a dollar =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back