before released on Sonic gems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever played any of the game on sonic gems before it was released on Sonic gems. Please name the game and system.
I'll start:
Sonic cd on Pc
Sonic Fighters on acrade
All game gear on sonic adventure dx.

I played pretty much everything 'cept for Sonic the Fighters before I played it on Sonic Gems.

Same.

Save for Bonanza Bros., SoR1 and SoR3. Those I first experienced with Gems. StF, I'd tried emulation, but it wasn't very pretty.

Everything cept the gamegear titles.

I don't know if the rom/emulated version of sonic the fighters counts though. Haven't played the real thing.

Lets say I've played pretty much everone of em, except the 3 big(and boring) games Sonic fighters (rating 7/10), Sonic R (Rating 6/10), and Sonic CD (rating 4/10).

SMS, you've GOT to be really ignorant to not like Sonic CD. I bet you didn't even do time travel.

In my opinion, Sonic Team still hasn't topped Sonic CD. It's visuals are beautiful even now, especially the intro and ending. The special stages aren't far off from the gameplay in SRB2. And considering it was made over 10 years ago, that says a lot. The newere games are nice, but I don't see them going for anything revolutionary. They're not making any big leaps, not like they used to at least.

Zeshiro said:
In my opinion, Sonic Team still hasn't topped Sonic CD. It's visuals are beautiful even now, especially the intro and ending. The special stages aren't far off from the gameplay in SRB2. And considering it was made over 10 years ago, that says a lot. The newere games are nice, but I don't see them going for anything revolutionary. They're not making any big leaps, not like they used to at least.

-claps-

that was one hell of a statement

Personally, there's one thing that keeps Sonic CD from being perfect: load time. It would be SO much cooler if it simply instantly time warped, without the load time. As it stands, it's still an amazing achievement, but not as completely awesome as it could be.

I don't know. I liked Sonic CD, and the graphics/sound/power of the game were amazing considering its time, but I don't really think that it was as good as the other Genesis Sonic games. I can't even really say why. The only really great parts to me were the special stages and the race with Metal Sonic.

Sonic CD, I have to agree with SMS on.

It's overrated, and boring. Playing it with the time travel was the biggest waste of time I have ever spent, barring re-playing the exact same single player levels every time SRB2 is upgraded to the next 1.09.3.2x.xxx version.

Sonic 2 easily beats it, and so does Sonic 3K, although not to the extent of Sonic 2.

All the games on Gems collection, I have played and beaten properly ahead of time, including the GG version of Sonic 2. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back