Basic Questions I Think

Kerkupcake

Hello! Hopefully posting this in the right spot! I'm trying to get my own server started and I was wondering how to change the background and music during the voting for a stage. I've looked around and can't find the answer anywhere. Also, when my friend tries to join my server, it gives him this error: An error occurred while trying to download missing addons. I'm still a novice, I only just figured out port forwarding and adding mods yesterday, so it's possible I missed a post somehwere here explaining these things already. Any help would be appreciated!

Welcome to the SRB2 Message Board!
I think you meant to post in this forum here: https://mb.srb2.org/forums/help.10/

I was wondering how to change the background and music during the voting for a stage
In the base game, you can't.
You can make a music replacement mod to replace the intermission music, but I don't think you can replace the backdrop.
Be warned that mods that force just music replacement on everyone are basically banned from the master server.

An error occurred while trying to download missing addons.
There are some causes for this... I'm going to assume your friend doesn't have some addons that you do, and they're getting kicked because of this.
By default, the server will serve missing files to the client only if the missing files weigh 4mb or less. Otherwise, the client is kicked due to missing addons.
You can raise this limit with the maxsend console variable, up to 50mb. Note this will obviously impact your network performance if you plan on having more players join you during the session.
The console variable takes a number in kilobytes.

Have fun!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back