• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Bark, The Polar Bear (Work In Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
spritesheet.png

-Eyes taken out to be redone
-Hair Added
-Diagonal-Front body added
-Side Frame has been started on
-Shading improved a bit

Personally, I like this version better. The hair is more defined and the shading is a little better. Though if you would base your sprites off of this then you should make the stomach overlap the legs. I made a little edit to this sprite to try to fix those issues, but I don't think it didn't turn out the way I wanted to.

2con2n4.png

I could try to toy around with it more, but I already spent too much time on something that isn't even my project.

Being honest, the eyes don't look very intimidating, and the hair doesn't look anywhere close to the official OR unofficial art, it looks more like a spitcurl.

And Torgo, the legs on your sprite look way too thin.

I don't like the face on Senku's sprite. Or the shading, it just looks odd here. I like what Torgo posted much more.

Senku Niola said:
That's Bark's original design, his legs are supposed to be short and thin.

While I agree that the legs on your sprite are too thin, the problem is exaggerated by Bark's considerable gut, which is part of his original design.

Other than that, I like Senku's sprite, especially in how the torso is more enlongated than that of Scizor's sprite. Not only is that closer to Bark's official design (which I personally prefer), but it makes him distinct from Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and most other character .wads in SRB2. Variety is nice!

Senku + GTFs edit looks perfect IMHO. Now if only he was on his arms like in the Fighters...Maybe as a Wait pose?

You need to make the angle of the corner frames more...dramatic. I'm not sure how to explain it. The front corner needs to be facing more towards the front and back should be facing more away.

Those sprites look pretty good. But, Bark's hair in the side and back sprites look more like Knuckle's dreadlocks. Also, I agree with Chrispy; the corner frame angles need to be turned a little bit. But, keep up the good work, Scizor300!

Edit: looks. Sorry. Not paying attention to my typing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back