Square City Zone by Riolucariolu
Alabaster Fountain Zone by BronsoKip
Hakuryu Dojo by Zaxel
Dark Marsh by Vixuzen
Fatal Factory Zone by Kuba11
Gate Garden Zone by Ruberjig
Aquatic Port Zone by WasifBoomz

Alabaster Fountain Zone by BronsoKip

You have the foundations of a good level, here. The platforming was basic but not at all boring. I will say that the sharp fences reduced my enjoyment a lot. I think they're a cheap obstacle. For me, they hurt the pacing because they force me to slow down in areas where I want to go fast. Challenge would be better implemented by being more creative with your platforming terrain.

Also, you have to share what music track this is! What a smooth banger!

Aquatic Port Zone by WasifBoomz

You have some interesting puzzle layouts here. The visual theme is creative. The texture effect is nice, but since it's used everywhere, I felt a little dizzy.

Regrettably, I couldn't figure out how to finish the level. I got stuck in this room where there are red and green blocks. You spring to the top of the room and rise above a yellow platform in a corner. Then I'm trapped on the yellow platform with no way out?

Work on projecting your layouts more clearly to the player. I do like how puzzle-oriented the level is, and it would have been an interesting contender if it was more clear how to advance to the end.

Azlant Ruin Zone by Gambit

I had a tough time placing this level. I appreciate that it's very clearly ambitious. I also enjoyed the underwater platforming a lot.

But once you get above water (starting with the big ring hoops), it's clear that platforming went out the window in favor of racing against enemy spam. It makes sense that you rushed towards the deadline. I'd love to see how you build a level without rushing, because evidently you're capable of building an engaging experience!

Dark Marsh by Vixuzen

The terrain here tries some interesting things. I enjoyed going up and down buildings and their rooftops, and it did feel like the player was diving into the heat of the battle.

That said, I did find the layout to be unfocused and perhaps too open. I got a little lost at some points. It appears to lean heavily on enemy spam. As a result of all these, the fun factor suffered a lot. Work on directing the player with stronger hints.

Emerald Aether Zone by Krabs

The terrain here is a lot of fun! Nice job on the level length -- the platforming challenges were executed at a good pace and nothing overstayed its welcome.

The ramp at the very end was confusing, as it took me a few lives to figure out I would not be propelled far enough towards the end goal. Some indication would be helpful to slow down and jump on the moving platform.

Fatal Factory Zone by Kuba11

This level amounts to a series of flat rooms and hallways, so there's not much platforming to be had here. Try varying your terrain. But for what they were, the layout was pretty interesting. Those ziplines were fast and fun!

There's an area where you dive into a fish tank that I thought was confusing. It took me a few laps around there to figure out how to advance.

Foliage Furnace Zone by Kwiin & Kanna

I was so tickled to see this fan level of a fangame! Well polished visually and very well done.

The best strength of this level is that the terrain layout gets very creative. There's not a dull moment of platforming here. Very effective use of polyobjects, and they moved fast enough to be a challenge yet not unfair.

Galactic Facility Zone by Mondongo

This one was fairly good -- the layout was very clear and obstacles were projected sufficiently.

I felt the starposts were too far apart; maybe one or two more starposts would have helped. The visual theme was also a bit boring to me, but not unpolished.

Gate Garden Zone by Ruberjig

Presentation-wise, it's very polished. In terms of level layout, I feel there are design choices that are unclear to the player. I'm not sure if this level is completable as Sonic alone? There's this area after the three-level platform room with Castlebots that you jump down and you land on some bramble spikes then die in a bottomless pit. It's good that you place a warning sign to project the spike danger, but it's unclear how I need to avoid the spikes without trial and error.

Later, the maze grinds the pacing to a halt, and I feel the level would have been fine without it. It felt cramped, and the constant turning made me feel a little sick.

The level otherwise has the underpinnings of a good foundation. I would work on projecting your obstacles more clearly to the player.

Hakuryu Dojo by Zaxel

Compared to Heroes Hall, the gameplay and presentation here are better polished. Nice improvement! I appreciate that you try something different with gameplay.

I do feel the level dragged on too long, although not as badly as Heroes Hall. I would have liked if the level ended before the dojo fights. The dojo fights and the boss were long enough that they could serve as an Act 2.

Knothole Coast Zone Act 1 by Apollyon

I appreciated how accurate this was to the SRB1 Remake! Very well polished visually.

The platforming was solid, albeit too unchallenging. The level was also very short -- I enjoyed myself to the point where I said "that's it?!"

Overgrown Heights Zone Act 2 by InferNOr

Very well polished level and solid platforming.

I do think the midtexture plants from Red Volcano were obstructive visually when placed in big numbers. Besides this, well done!

Pagoda Park by Rogerregorroger

This level suffers from cramped rooms and hallways in some areas. Despite this, running through it was very fun! I enjoyed the visual and music presentation a lot. I appreciated your hand-drawn art assets; they were rather stylish!

Shadow of Aztlan Zone by akirahedgehog

This is a very strong level thematically. It has hidden depths that compel me to chew into its mysteries. Why are these buildings here? What's the origin of all these dolls and monsters? Why is there a computer room with a portal to an acid trip? What the hell is Rasputin plotting???

The platforming also does not miss a beat. Very competently designed, direction was clear, and it flows like butter.

Square City Zone by Riolucariolu

Some interesting terrain going on here, well done! The platforming has a solid foundation here. It looks like you're capable of trying crazier layouts.

Per NerfPlayeR135's comment, the two checkpoints confused me a lot. I wasn't sure whether I was backtracking for a good minute or two. Had they been fixed, the level layout would have been a lot more clear to me.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back