any useless facts about srb2?

Neon_hyperdrive

Don’t run away i won’t hurt you
well you read the title post you’re useless facts about srb2 here heck maybe some of the facts aren’t useless after all

Brak Eggman's ingame ID is MT_CYBRAKDEMON, confirming for sure that he's just a Cyberdemon reskin.

the srb2mb used to run on vbulletin, but the ratings system was broken and the mb was bad. so they changed it to the one we see now.
also there is still the old brak left in the games' files.

Although likely unintentional, the fact that earlier versions of Techno Hill Act 1 used Greenflower's textures and skybox which later got replaced creates the impression as though we've watched Eggman progressively destroy the environment there as the game has updated.

Some facts:

The legacy GFZ2 midi music is the best song to exist this is a fact your opinion does not count

Knuckles can go super after like 17 years.

The files imp names for the sprites are now easier to understand than the past versions/Doom

You should pretty much know this but this is made from Doom

Tails’ flight is way better than the past versions.

Versions 2.0 and under had this terrible physics, jumping at full speed, going on a horizontal spring, or basically being mid-air in full speed with lock you. The only way to fully control yourself is to slow down. This makes tails more harder to control, not really giving him the title “for beginners”. When I learn lua, this will probably be the second thing I want to bring into srb2.

That’s pretty much some facts. I would like to see some I might not know, I am interested in knowing a lot about srb2 especially the legacy versions!

the srb2mb used to run on vbulletin, but the ratings system was broken and the mb was bad. so they changed it to the one we see now.
also there is still the old brak left in the games' files.
If we include MB facts...

Before VBulletin, there used to be another SRB2 MB before October 2003. In October 2003, the servers crashed and most files were lost, but some remain and can be accessed through sites such as the Wayback Machine.

Also:
- THZ's midis used to be the only ones updated for 2.2.
- CEZ went through 3 iterations for 2.2.
- v2.0.0 had a bug that crashed the game if you beat a stage.
- There were plans for a DSZ remake in 2.1. We have the WIP DSZ1 remake, since it got leaked onto the OS in 2020.

Early 2.2 had a lot of midi that don't correspond to their digital counterpart.
- Special stages midi use 2.1 special stage musics(half being from Mystic Realms)
- Disco have Evilflower as midi

fang and sonic are the only characters to actually have all 8 sides being different and not mirrored
(most easy to see on fang cus his teeth goes out on only one side)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back