Any Match mode fans here ?

Eggy_Rosevelt_91

Autozone Cheese Nips
I don't see a lot of servers do Match battles,nor do I see a lot of people talk about them

Do people even like Match mode ?-

the Match gametype really doesn't work with srb2, its just so unbalanced and you need to bind your controls AROUND match because SRB2 is a platformer and the Match gametype is a fps. For example, my movement controls are WASD and my jump and spin buttons are on O/P, if i wanted to play Match well id have to rebind these buttons to something like E and Q, seeing as i don't want to keep rebinding my buttons to play a SINGLE GAMETYPE, it becomes a hassle to deal with. Of the few Match gametype servers ive joined, Everyone was either Sonic or Tails, and they all spammed Rails Rings (basically a HITSCAN attack in a selection of PROJECTILE BASED WEAPONS). Sometimes Bomb Rings and maybe even Auto Rings.

BattleMod is what Match should have been, instead of trying to turn srb2 into what its not and never was suppose to be, it actually does something that makes sense for a Platformer, even more so a SONIC game. Sorry to all 5 of the Match fans that exist, but I honestly would love to see Match removed for something like BattleMod

Match used to be extremely popular pre-2.1 from what I've heard, but the creation of Battle for 2.2 was the last nail in the coffin.
Match is also said to be completely removed in 2.3 so I guess that shows how much interest is in the ringslinger modes nowadays.

sadly battlemod sucks ass, that's even more sweatier than match, and i had geniue fun acting as an Apache Attack Helicopter while i played ringslinger, which i can't say the same about battlemod, because battlemod, well, is bad, it's not good at all, so, i'd prefer if battlemod wouldn't be the new match, i'd rather have both gone, than to have battlemod support
Post automatically merged:

the Match gametype really doesn't work with srb2, its just so unbalanced and you need to bind your controls AROUND match because SRB2 is a platformer and the Match gametype is a fps. For example, my movement controls are WASD and my jump and spin buttons are on O/P, if i wanted to play Match well id have to rebind these buttons to something like E and Q, seeing as i don't want to keep rebinding my buttons to play a SINGLE GAMETYPE, it becomes a hassle to deal with. Of the few Match gametype servers ive joined, Everyone was either Sonic or Tails, and they all spammed Rails Rings (basically a HITSCAN attack in a selection of PROJECTILE BASED WEAPONS). Sometimes Bomb Rings and maybe even Auto Rings.

BattleMod is what Match should have been, instead of trying to turn srb2 into what its not and never was suppose to be, it actually does something that makes sense for a Platformer, even more so a SONIC game. Sorry to all 5 of the Match fans that exist, but I honestly would love to see Match removed for something like BattleMod
>bind your controls around match
>says that i have to remap everything
well, that is more of a you issue honestly, i keep the default configuration, while just remapping fire and firenormal to my mouse, so, it's your fault for having a shit control scheme that doesn't translate well to match, so.. nice take there buddy.
>everyone was playing as either sonic or tails and spammed rail rings
because they're both really good characters? Sonic has the thok that allows him to either rush to the flag or flank, while Tails can snipe out any threat from the skies, and that's also because a majority of the weapons suck in ringslinger, and either rail ring, bomb ring and auto are viable, bounce ring and shotgun ring are also good, but not super good or anything in particular.
so, the complaint should go to Nu-STRJ instead, since they're the ones who made ringlsinger shit by introducing changes that killed ringslinger, also, no balance/reworks to weapons.

Last edited:
sadly battlemod sucks ass, that's even more sweatier than match, and i had geniue fun acting as an Apache Attack Helicopter while i played ringslinger, which i can't say the same about battlemod, because battlemod, well, is bad, it's not good at all, so, i'd prefer if battlemod wouldn't be the new match, i'd rather have both gone, than to have battlemod support

>bind your controls around match
>says that i have to remap everything
well, that is more of a you issue honestly, i keep the default configuration, while just remapping fire and firenormal to my mouse, so, it's your fault for having a shit control scheme that doesn't translate well to match, so.. nice take there buddy.
>everyone was playing as either sonic or tails and spammed rail rings
because they're both really good characters? Sonic has the thok that allows him to either rush to the flag or flank, while Tails can snipe out any threat from the skies, and that's also because a majority of the weapons suck in ringslinger, and either rail ring, bomb ring and auto are viable, bounce ring and shotgun ring are also good, but not super good or anything in particular.
so, the complaint should go to Nu-STRJ instead, since they're the ones who made ringlsinger shit by introducing changes that killed ringslinger, also, no balance/reworks to weapons.
I would trust you on the control scheme part.... IF it didn't work for the main story. Like it or not I ALWAYS used this control scheme when playing srb2, and it works fairly well. So I'm not keen on changing them just to play a single game mode, even more so when every other game mode that isn't match works just fine with it.

The character complaint was mainly due to the fact that Sonic and Tails are the defining meta, there's no real reason to play as anyone else (even knuckles, that has higher fire rate then anyone else) because they are objectively better then the rest of the cast. That's not good game design. Then we have the fact that only 3 weapons are actually good while the rest of them easily get overshadowed, that's even WORSE game design.
So, if you combined only 2 good characters, with only 3 good weapons, you get a very lackluster meta and thus a bad gametype.

Also, If your going to say BattleMod is bad, Id actually like to here some reason to why its bad and not just "its bad because its bad"

Match used to be extremely popular pre-2.1 from what I've heard, but the creation of Battle for 2.2 was the last nail in the coffin.
Match is also said to be completely removed in 2.3 so I guess that shows how much interest is in the ringslinger modes nowadays.
That's a little dissapointing but understandable

For me Match is kinda like a guilty pleasure, I have fun with the mode in the moments that I play it !
But I understand now that it can be frustrating (mainly due to control scheme)

It wont really bother me that much if it was removed, it's just a mode after all .

Match was really fun back then (along with tag). But since there isn't that many ringslinger servers today rather than before, I don't really mind seeing this being removed when 2.3 releases.

Though I do hope they at least keep the ringslinger mode command.

I love Match (and by extension all Ringslinger modes) still enjoy playing them every once in a while

Match is a fun every once in a while game, but it gets boring fairly quickly if you overplay it.

Match is a fun every once in a while game, but it gets boring fairly quickly if you overplay it.
Understandable

While I have played it in long bursts (Mainly with a friend), it never got too boring for me at least .

Also, If your going to say BattleMod is bad, Id actually like to here some reason to why its bad and not just "its bad because its bad"
Ok I kinda don't like battle mode either

but it's not a bad mode,not at all

I just couldn't seem to like it

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back