Any funny history of your childhood related to sonic?

Octavio

When i was a kid i really wanted to play sonic cd,do you whant to know why?,because when sonic jumps in cd it makes a different sound...,yep,just for the sound of the jump of sonic

When i was 3 i tough that eggman was the grandpa of sonic.....,i wasn't very smart as you can see

I tough that tails was a girl(a total classic)

And there's more but i will leave that for later

I thought that sonic was a cat (classic brazzilian ad)

Same as you with tails (ikindofliketheideathodontquestion)

And yea cd jump sound ftw

playing adventure 1 and 2 on dreamcast as a five year old i thought the only way to hatch chao was to throw the egg at the wall so all my chao came out all traumatized and weird and i couldn't figure out why. not sure why my impatient ass never figured out that they can just hatch themselves after a few minutes anyway but i still think that rocking mechanic you have to do on the egg to actually hatch it right is way too arbitrary. the fact too that you could attack your chao in the dreamcast gardens with the same button you use to pick them up made raising them unironically very stressful lol. i was sure that your chao would just always die permanently at the end of its life so it was a huge relief playing sa2b and discovering reincarnation just cause i couldn't constantly accidentally abuse my chao. i'm guessing it was taken out for nintendo censorship reasons but it was inadvertently so good for gameplay. the fact that tails and eggman have chao garden-specific attack moves means it must've been intentional on sega's part which is bonkers.

Last edited:
playing adventure 1 and 2 on dreamcast as a five year old i thought the only way to hatch chao was to throw the egg at the wall so all my chao came out all traumatized and weird and i couldn't figure out why. not sure why my impatient ass never figured out that they can just hatch themselves after a few minutes anyway but i still think that rocking mechanic you have to do on the egg to actually hatch it right is way too arbitrary. the fact too that you could attack your chao in the dreamcast gardens with the same button you use to pick them up made raising them unironically very stressful lol. i was sure that your chao would just always die permanently at the end of its life so it was a huge relief playing sa2b and discovering reincarnation just cause i couldn't constantly accidentally abuse my chao. i'm guessing it was taken out for nintendo censorship reasons but it was inadvertently so good for gameplay. the fact that tails and eggman have chao garden-specific attack moves means it must've been intentional on sega's part which is bonkers.
It's hard being a first time parent ain't it? Joking!

My funniest time was when I was watching Sonic Boom, (It was my first exposure to Sonic), my first Modern Sonic game was Sonic Dash, I thought Sonic looked naked and small in comparison.

Minors read these forums. Make sure whatever you bring to the table is appropriate to discuss with them.
When I was 10 I was searching for images of Sonic Characters, I think their designs are very interesting and some fanarts are prettty cool. When I searched "Rouge the Bat" I was perplexed to see
Moderator Notice:
*snip*

When I was 10 I was searching for images of Sonic Characters, I think their designs are very interesting and some fanarts are prettty cool. When I searched "Rouge the Bat" I was perplexed to see
Wait,what?
Post automatically merged:

i probably should call the police for chao abuse

I've had a friend that thought that sonic was a lion,why?,no one knows

It's hard being a first time parent ain't it? Joking!

My funniest time was when I was watching Sonic Boom, (It was my first exposure to Sonic), my first Modern Sonic game was Sonic Dash, I thought Sonic looked naked and small in comparison.
How old are you?

i remember somehow being convinced that the president and eggman were in cahoots in sa2. why? i don't even really remember anymore. i think it had to do with gene bristow's delivery on the intercom in that last area of crazy gadget where he kinda does a different voice for eggman. no idea how my imagination immediately went there but hey it might've been a sick plot beat for sa3 ;;

Wait,what?

I've had a friend that thought that sonic was a lion,why?,no one knows

How old are you?
Late teens. I first watched boom in 2015, I wasn't familiar with the franchise except for a few Archie comics I saw, but boom is what got me really interested in the series, ngl looking back it wasn't the best of shows but hey, it did the trick and now I'm a Sonic fan.

I always called sonic's peelout animation "the ribbon run" cuz it looks like a bright red ribbon
and I kinda still call it that to this day, but rarely since I now know what it's actually named
it was also my favourite sonic animation

I used to watch AoSTH as a kid, which was how I got introduced to Sonic. It wouldn't be until later I would find out Sonic is a game character, and not just a cartoon character. I remember at one point I saw Sonic 3's Super Sonic sprite in a magazine, and I got mad at it for getting Sonic's design so "wrong". It wouldn't be until much later when thinking about this in retrospect that I would realize what I had been looking at.

Another funny story i had at the time i was 5 and getting introduced to Sonic was the fact when i first played Sonic 2,i thought Tails was Sonic's adopted brother, Eggman was their owner,and badniks some plastic toys (mostly like McDonalds) that can walk.

Moderator Notice:
*snip*
Oh BIG Cave.

me and my brother as kids love sonic now as tenagers i still love sonic while my dumbass brother just like splatoon but back then around like 2014 we would watch full gameplays of sonic 06 sonic unleashed and we would play sonic dash and sonic and sega all star racing transform on mobile.

When I was younger, I would unironically run like Sonic LOL
No clue why, I just thought it made me look cool! :P
if you run like sonic that means your runing like naruto.

Last edited:
me and my brother as kids love sonic now as tenagers i still love sonic while my dumbass brother just like splatoon but back then around like 2014 we would watch full gameplays of sonic 06 sonic unleashed and we would play sonic dash and sonic and sega all star racing transform on mobile.

if you run like sonic that means your runing like naruto.
I think he meant as the run style Classic Sonic does in his Genesis Trilogy.

LMAO back when i was 8 or 9 on 2013 i remember having a dream where i met Sonic The Hedgehog on a Burger King restaurant

...I don't remember many more details more than the "we became friends" thing and stuff

maybe i predicted the movies due to the "hedgehog interacting with real humans" thing

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back