• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Anti-springfall sigsegv SOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge
Well, this really isn't important enough to release in releases, hell it isn't important enough to even upload anywhere. Basically what I've done is changed a few frames to use different sprites, as a result, the old thing where you fall from a spring, and sigsegv is gone.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vbqk9z

As for why this is usefull, I saw why today. Suppose User X is working on a mod with both a character, and a level. They put it in the same WAD. Now, evertime they save the WAD in DoomBuilder, it capitalizes all the lumpnames. They could seperate the character and the map into seperate WADs, but they could also just keep running the SOC everytime they test it until they're done.

So... if you don't know, copy all that text, place it in a new blank text file, and save it as a .soc file. Then add it exactly like you would a WAD.

Mostly useless I know, but I might as well release it.

Edit: Fixed a stupid bug User X found.

Edited again, User X found another stupid bug. Shoulda tested this myself...

Edit: Edited AGAIN, wound up uploading the WAD because of all the problems User X has been having.

So what benefit does this have, other than encouraging laziness among wadders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back