Another problem with floor patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the floor image looks like this instead of my 256x256 image?
srb20010-1.png

SPZFLR.jpg

No, I don't think it's because of any transparent parts.

If you used XWE, then listen to this; it doesn't support flats that are not 64x64 or 32x32. Am I right?

Monster Iestyn said:
No, I don't think it's because of any transparent parts.

If you used XWE, then listen to this; it doesn't support flats that are not 64x64 or 32x32. Am I right?
No you are wrong too becuse the other flat image in front of the messed up flat in front of the picture is the same size as this one.

Monster Iestyn said:
That's because that image was put in using a different editor, I think...

Or am I getting it wrong again?
I beleive you are wrong again, editing has nothing to do with it.
It's nothing but a saved image.

GemEarthBrandon said:
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
It looks like the tutti-frutti effect. My guess is that those black areas in your texture are transparent. Am I correct? You are not allowed to have transparent areas on flats EVER.
What? I don't understand.

I believe the original flat had transparent parts, right? Well, if you do that, you're going to cause tutti-frutti when the game tries to render it. If the texture ceases being distorted in OpenGL, then yes, it is tutti-frutti.

GemEarthBrandon said:
It looks like the tutti-frutti effect. My guess is that those black areas in your texture are transparent. Am I correct? You are not allowed to have transparent areas on flats EVER.
What? I don't understand.

I believe the original flat had transparent parts, right? Well, if you do that, you're going to cause tutti-frutti when the game tries to render it. If the texture ceases being distorted in OpenGL, then yes, it is tutti-frutti.

No becuase the flat in front of it is the same except I did a color remap just to change the color.

When you add the flat, highlight it, and go to image, then go to save flat as doom flat, and it would run normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back