Another next-gen character o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow Hog said:
Regardless, all the doomsaying's bloody annoying and I really look forward to the day where it ceases to exist.
I think part of what makes it so annoying to me that they keep doing this crap is that I was a major Sonic fan. I would LOVE to buy a good, new Sonic game for a modern system that I could enjoy and play. What makes all this stuff so infuriating is that I WANT it to be good. I really do. However, every single announcement from SEGA is getting worse and worse. It's like they're trying their absolute hardest to make me hate Sonic completely, which is insanely frustrating as a long-time fan.

Heroes looked cool, but fell totally flat in execution. Then, I hoped they'd fix their problems with the next game. Instead, we get Shadow the emo, gun-toting angst-fest. Then we get Sonic "NextGen", which looks exactly like last generation only with even MORE lame characters. I'm sorry, but this stuff doesn't appeal to me at all. The shoveling of the same stale ideas over and over again just adds more reasons to hate it, and it's annoying. Why can't SEGA be creative and interesting, providing new ideas and fixing the same grievances I've had since Sonic Adventure. There are too many extra characters. The camera sucks. The level design needs to be more non-linear and not be over a bottomless pit. These are issues posed back in 1999. It's 2006, and we're still at the same place, with better graphics. They're still adding unnecessary characters. I've seen footage where the person demoing the game had a camera glitch happen which caused him to fall in the bottomless pit surrounding the whole stage. I'm not asking for a return to the series' roots, or for them to remove everything except Sonic. I'm asking for some fixes to the same old problems, and we aren't getting them. I'd be first in line for a new Sonic game with all the issues fixed. Where is the Sonic game I'd actually like to buy?

nice graphics but ill tell you this that princess in the trilaler is aparently sonics LOVE intrest there trying 2 hard

No wonder I want to buy Wild Fire. It appears that the Nintendo console-only Sonic games seem to be better than other recent Sonic games... No wonder a lot of people are praising it, as well as gaming magazines/sites. Sure, I might buy Next-Gen, if it comes to PC (According to a playtester, there is a PC version)

Jeez, SEGA has gone REALLY low. Why do I have this feeling that Black Doom is back from the dead?

Alright, I DID have a post all ready to go and everything, but then my Internet conked out and wouldn't come back up. Needless to say, I've lost it. Curses.

But anyway, the gist of it is, I really think people are overreacting to the CHARACTER design, not the game flaws - by all means, complain about the game flaws. I'm probably not going to care, since I loved Adventure and this is essentially a prettier version.

Oh, and multiple characters aren't an issue if they're all fun to play as. Apparently, Silver very much is. I dunno about Shadow.

It looks like metalsonic with a new set of moves o.o.

Seriously, can't you see it in his face? :/

cronosonic said:
No wonder I want to buy Wild Fire. It appears that the Nintendo console-only Sonic games seem to be better than other recent Sonic games... No wonder a lot of people are praising it, as well as gaming magazines/sites. Sure, I might buy Next-Gen, if it comes to PC (According to a playtester, there is a PC version)

Jeez, SEGA has gone REALLY low. Why do I have this feeling that Black Doom is back from the dead?

I gues im the only one who likes next gen :( , i also heard that the camerea was better, and the graphics are WAY better... they even said that the grass is animations themselves (now thats detail).

Im a DIE HARD sonic fan since i was 2.. ive always loved the games, cartoons and comics (sorry archie haters)

to me the only bad game had to be Sonic R...
The story doesnt look bad and atmosphere of the game is more mature then kiddy...

I definetly going to get Both Sonic (next gen) and Sonic wildfire.

but i think next gen will surpass wildfire because the graphics are better,
Next gen is a main story with main controls, its not automatic and is not a side story like wildfire..

and the story is kinda dumb and pointless in Wildfire (save the pages of the book, Arabian Nights)..........

I was excited when i heard about wildfire on the wii and i loved the new gameplay elements but when i saw what was the game was about i was like :( ....

and im kinda mad that next gen is not on the wii because now i will have to buy 2 new systems...

im definetly getting the wii
But i cant decide... XBOX 360? or PS3?

PS3 will support blue ray and hd but its too expensive......
I had ps2 and i can use my old stuff on the ps3....
I never had Xbox and i really never liked it but its cheaper then ps3...
4 me its hard to choose...

but this is off topic......

I want to get both but i like the next-gen version better because of the speed(it goes a bit further back to its roots in that sense). I agree that complaining about game flaws is more important than complaining about new characters(but I guess a new game with only Sonic would be pretty cool).

And about being a Sonic fan...I"ve played most if not all the mainstream games (in the sense of going along with what really happened) and I screamed in joy the first time I played as Hyper Sonic and then I shouted in pain when Sonic Adventure introduced not being able to play as Super Sonic in all levels into the gameplay. To this day, Sonic 3 and Knuckles is my favorite Sonic game. Although the only not ok 3-D game, I think, is Shadow the Hedgehog; I sold it before I got to the last boss...

RgxSuperSonic said:
cronosonic said:

I gues im the only one who likes next gen :( , i also heard that the camerea was better, and the graphics are WAY better... they even said that the grass is animations themselves (now thats detail).

Im a DIE HARD sonic fan since i was 2.. ive always loved the games, cartoons and comics (sorry archie haters)

to me the only bad game had to be Sonic R...
The story doesnt look bad and atmosphere of the game is more mature then kiddy...

I definetly going to get Both Sonic (next gen) and Sonic wildfire.

but i think next gen will surpass wildfire because the graphics are better,
Next gen is a main story with main controls, its not automatic and is not a side story like wildfire..

and the story is kinda dumb and pointless in Wildfire (save the pages of the book, Arabian Nights)..........

I was excited when i heard about wildfire on the wii and i loved the new gameplay elements but when i saw what was the game was about i was like :( ....
Hah... Heh... HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Story? Story means BUGGER ALL in a Sonic game - the classics didn't exactly have a story that equaled the 3D games. What the hell is wrong with Wild Fire's story? Nothing at all. Oh, is it kiddy? NOPE. Arabian Nights was far from a kiddy story, originally. It's no better than, "Robotnick is turning helpless animals into robots, get those Chaos Emeralds and stop him", anyway.

And for the record, Wild Fire is not as 'automated' as you might think. You're given full control, except Sonic is always going forward. You can even go backwards, to a certain extent. And there's alternate routes, so you don't need to worry about 'exploration'.

And also, graphics? Have you even SEEN the latest screens? Wild Fire isn't that far behind Next-Gen in the graphics department. It looks brilliant, the draw distance is incredible...

So far, the critics are behind Wild Fire. Not because of the story, not the graphics, but the GAMEPLAY. For example, EGM said that Next-Gen suffers from past issues, and Shadow's gameplay has some clunky controls and unnecesary deaths. When they talked about Wild Fire, however, they said that if Sonic Next-Gen is a flunk, Wild Fire could be that games' 1-up. They 've always continued to praise Wild Fire.

Do not evade the curse filter

I never said that the story of wildfire was kiddy or Arabian nights, in my opininion its dumb and pointless.. come on, he has to save pages from a book!?............... how does that tie in to the sonic story? Whats the point?

Can the book at least do something like,

EXAMPLE:
"If the pages are not brought back to the book, all reality will dissappear..

I the story was something like that then ill take what i said back....

and yeah dude, i love the new gameplay its really cool, and yeah the graphics are awesome and i burned every screenshot and video of wildfire on a disc ^_^...

but sadly, as even how awesome the graphics are to wildfire, Next gen has a more realistic look then wildfire and a more oringinal 3d sonic feel like the adventure series....

And i know that almost every gaming site and show are all the way behind wildfire but the sad fact is, the only reason they love wildfire is because its sonic first solo game in a long time, just look at the hype with the first screens and videos of nextgen, people couldnt shut up about it.
now once they found out about more characthers in the game the hype went down,.. I couldnt understand it! how come people hate side characters so much!? I dont know...

and from gameplay footage of next gen, i never really seen major problems..

and about clunky, i have some gameplay footage of wildfire from IGN and in one of the videos, when sonic tries to do a homing attack all of a sudden, he moved clunky and his homing attack was stopped short and the enemy was still hurt and sonic never touched him. and it look liked a glitch when he jumped onto a platform and almost fell off....
but since its still in development, ill excuse it...

After all, all sonic games has some flaws, except Shadow with its crappy camera....

dont get me wrong though, i love both next gen and wildfire..

Also like Hyper_Sonic00 said, the game goes faster then wildfire...

but i want to get next gen first since its coming out before wildfire...

(I think i said evertything what i have to say :roll: )

I really just want a fun game with good all around gameplay. As long as the game is good, I couldn't care less if they added 10 new characters (although that might be a bit overboard)

Hyper_Sonic00 said:
I really just want a fun game with good all around gameplay. As long as the game is good, I couldn't care less if they added 10 new characters (although that might be a bit overboard)

agreed, and there was a rude comment to me!? .................... :cry:

Ah, so the plot is pointless? Really, if you wanted a realistic plot, go for something like MGS 4. It's a freaking Sonic game, it doesn't have to make total sense. Simple stories are enough.

Yeah, the graphics are more 'realistic'. SO. WHAT. The game involves THREE hedgehogs, who either can - 1, go at a bloody fast speed, or 2. have supernatural powers. Since when were Sonic games supposed to be realistic? Super Mario Galaxy looks awesome, but not realistic. I mean, it involves a fat Itallian plumber going through space, with no spacesuit or any similar equipment. Yet, it's probably going to be a bloody awesome game. Go figure.

What, people like Wild Fire just because it's Sonic only? Don't get me wrong, I like variety in playing styles, but Sonic Team seems to be doing it wrong. That's probably why Sonic only is so celebrated.

And for the record, I don't care HOW fast Sonic is going, as long as he is going at a speed which I can be satisfied with.

Gameplay videos don't show everything. And yes, both games are still in development, so let's forget about that.

Sorry if I 'insulted' you in any way. I was just trying to get a point across.

Xbox-sized quote removed
The plot doesn't really have to be realistic, it just has to be good.
Like, why is sonic saving those pages? Does those pagings have any significant use to sonic? You know, something like that...
Of course its a sonic game but unlike the 2d sonic games, they really didn't need a plot. Since this game is 3d it wouldn't hurt for sonic team to add an exciting plot to the game...

Come on, don't you want an exiciting story to hype you up to play the game even more? I sure would...

Like, O SHOOT! WOW! O YEAH! You know, stupid expressions that people make when playing video games. :mrgreen:

:? I was also confused what you wrote about,

"I don't care HOW fast Sonic is going, as long as he is going at a speed which I can be satisfied with."

I thought the point of Sonic games is supposed to be fast. I thought you would be happy to play even faster then you normally would in a sonic game. I guess your not.....

And the graphics, true, i never minded about the graphics for sonic games before but, like the game is called, "nextgen", you expect new and awesome graphics, i was also hoping for sonic's fur to stay but i guess they took it off....

and, None taken. :mrgreen:

I hate to bring this offtopic. But only quote what you need to. Not all of the other 20 nested quotes inside of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back