• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Angle Avenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireKid

Today I was bored, and I wanted to play a netgame with someone. I was upset because whenever a441 hosted netgames everyone would come to his while whenever I hosted a netgame no one would come. I thought what I could do, and then came up with creating a wad so that more people would come. After working on it from 1:00 to 6:30 PM, I finally finished it. I hosted a netgame, and only one person came: a441. I guess I should think of another idea.

Angle Avenue is the second wad I've ever made, but is the first I've ever publically released. Angle Avenue is made for both the Match and the Tag modes. It is made up of entirely squares and rectangles. Each fourth of the stage is exactly the same. It has a few Floor-over-Floors, and four pools of water. There are four special rings on the stage, but there are only two kinds: Auto and Sniper. I hope this stage entertains you.

Please give criticism, I would love to improve my skills in making maps. Also, please rate my map from 1 to 10. Only rate the map if you have played it in a netgame with two other people or more.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

10-7-04 - Angle Avenue - 2.0: 44.7 KB

http://www.freewebs.com/greenssrb2haven/mt_angleavenue.wad

------------------------------------------

10-6-04 - Angle Avenue - 1.0

Added:

Took Away:

10-7-04 - Angle Avenue - 2.0

Added:
- Different Textures
- Different Music

Took Away:
- Light Patches
- Old Music
- Old Textures

I haven't had a chance to play it in its updated form yet, but everyone should check this out. While it's small and the balance isn't perfect, for a first released wad (I think?) ever, it's pretty darn good. Had a lot of two-player fun on this map, actually.

Pretty good wad, although a little small, but I guess there's nothing wrong with that ^^;

BTW, a441, you're evil, you have 666 posts :P

I like those kind of maps. They look like from somebody who actually knows how a match stage is made.

oh, and btw,

Shaflugi said:
BTW, a441, you're evil, you have 666 posts :P

what do you expect from moderators and adminidstrators?

Yush. I dunno how to make a Match stage, that's why my match levels suck... well... apart from the ones where I include teleporters. Somehow, those make my levels good. (points to evil 2d level with four rows of the same thing and teleporters that transport from the last one to the next... BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*cough*). I rated the old version yesterday on IRC. Extremely good for a first wad, my first wad had no FOFs or even un-colormapped water. It was perhaps the laziest thing ever. The only thing that I've been able to do better than other people 'til this day, is joining linedefs... 'nuff 'bout me... 7/10. Good, but the size is going to suck for anything other than 1 vs 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back