An Ultimate Megadrive Soundfont question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro the Magma Fox

Totally not using Hydreigon
Hi, I have found a few instruments from Sonic games from this soundfont called 'The Ultimate Megadrive Soundfont V3' but I really need a list for all of them.

Why not just use Deflemask tracker instead? The music that comes out of it is sound chip accurate and sounds nicer, whilst anything that comes from the Ultimate Megadrive Soundfont sounds terrible. Though I'm not sure if it has that much support yet.

Last edited:
Well, it doesn't load MIDI files, so there's an issue with it right there.

Looks interesting, though. Shame I kinda suck with music module trackers, although I've messed with them a bit.

What I use is FL Studio 10 and I load the soundfont and find a TON of instruments and I only know a few that are from Sonic games...

You've got an FM synthesizer right in FL Studio, you know. DX-10? It's a handy little tool, and simple to use, compared to some of the other more massive VSTi's, like Sytrus and Toxic and Ogun. I've had quite some fun with it myself.

Seeing as the Genesis worked on a FM soundchip, it's a good tool to use if you're looking for that sort of sound.

You've got an FM synthesizer right in FL Studio, you know. DX-10? It's a handy little tool, and simple to use, compared to some of the other more massive VSTi's, like Sytrus and Toxic and Ogun. I've had quite some fun with it myself.

Seeing as the Genesis worked on a FM soundchip, it's a good tool to use if you're looking for that sort of sound.

No-one seems to get it... I am using the soundfont and when I select an instrument to use for a track, it gives a TON of instruments... That's where my question comes in...

No-one seems to get it... I am using the soundfont and when I select an instrument to use for a track, it gives a TON of instruments... That's where my question comes in...

As in, it gives one instrument for each key on the virtual keyboard, or it gives a list of tons of them? Try to describe yourself better, as you're making it really hard.

Oh so you want the list of all the instruments that are used in the 16-bit Sonic games? Well I certainly don't know. Actually I don't even know if they actually keep track of that or if they even gave names to the instruments they used in the 16-bit games. You may not find exact results, but try seeing if you can find instruments that sound similar to those that you hear in the 16-bit games in the Soundfont you're using. It's the best you could do and it could save you the time of looking all over the internet for a precise answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back