• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

An Idea ( no S_SKIN wads )( meaning just frames )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne3

The other day i found out that SSBSS and ShufflarB2 had a glitch where you can use sonic with other abilities from other wads for example :

*console*
skin tails
skin tailsnon ( or whatever )
skin tailsnon not found

*screen*
sonic with tails abilities
So i thought if it was possible to make wads without S_Skins
( meaning just frames ) to function by using the S_skins of other wads. But as we all know its easier to spoof on a glitch than to make it.So are there any ideas to make this happen ( if u agree that its possible )
also:
plz tell me if its a stoopid idea :P
this might make wad making easier.

You can indeed make WADs without an s_skin lump. But it'll make for quite a different kind of character. If you make a COPY of the sonic.plr file (DON'T modify the original!!!) and modify each frame, then add it into SRB2, then you'll have a character WAD that replaces Sonic. The main advantage with this method is that it's the only way to make a character that uses the SUPT frames (the Sonic turning into Super Sonic frames), and to have that character use the more complex super form that Sonic has. But there are some major disadvantages.

1. As stated before, it replaces Sonic when you put it in. You'll have to exit the game and restart to play as Sonic again.
2. Since there's no S_SKIN lump, the game will give your character identical stats and abilities to Sonic's, whether you like it or not.
3. If your sprites have any green in them, the green parts will turn blue, because the character will use Sonic's startcolor, endcolor, and prefcolor values.

I made a charater in this way. It's good for making more dramatic Super abilities, but it otherwise severely limits your ability to customize the WAD. I recommend you stick to doing it the normal way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back