all my data dissapeared

1dk_4nt

k so, i was playing SRB2 this morning, then i shutted down the game, hours passed, i check back the game, boom, my configuration, my emblems, the unlockables, record attack, gone, reduced to ashes.
any ideas on what may have ocurred?

In case of it,there has to be smth wrong with the gamedata.dat file.It has the game's progress.In case of it being deleted,download 100% gamedata from Speedrun.com .

k so, i was playing SRB2 this morning, then i shutted down the game, hours passed, i check back the game, boom, my configuration, my emblems, the unlockables, record attack, gone, reduced to ashes.
any ideas on what may have ocurred?
if (most of) your save files are fine, it's likely your gamedata.dat is corrupted. (i don't mean what you mentioned, i mean the files that correspond to the save slots, for example, slot 1 being sonic & tails with all emeralds and being in arid canyon.) files that correspond to amy, fang, and metal will be missing though if the gamedata.dat is broken due to them no longer being unlocked.

you could edit it to be back exactly as it was with some complicated coding shenanigans but you're better off replacing it with a 100% one or just starting from scratch (depending on your opinion of wether downloading a save is "cheating" or not, i suppose).

if your save slot files are gone too then it could be a different problem entirely.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Edit: if your save select screen looks anything like this
1664324094067.png

it is in fact your gamedata.dat

(the "can't load" files are files corresponding to Amy, Fang, and Metal)

that being said i have no idea if you had a Fang, Amy, or Metal save in the first place so maybe this info is useless to you. i'm just trying my best.

Last edited:
if (most of) your save files are fine, it's likely your gamedata.dat is corrupted. (i don't mean what you mentioned, i mean the files that correspond to the save slots, for example, slot 1 being sonic & tails with all emeralds and being in arid canyon.) files that correspond to amy, fang, and metal will be missing though if the gamedata.dat is broken due to them no longer being unlocked.

you could edit it to be back exactly as it was with some complicated coding shenanigans but you're better off replacing it with a 100% one or just starting from scratch (depending on your opinion of wether downloading a save is "cheating" or not, i suppose).

if your save slot files are gone too then it could be a different problem entirely.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Edit: if your save select screen looks anything like this
View attachment 77057
it is in fact your gamedata.dat

(the "can't load" files are files corresponding to Amy, Fang, and Metal)

that being said i have no idea if you had a Fang, Amy, or Metal save in the first place so maybe this info is useless to you. i'm just trying my best.
yeah my savefiles looked like that, i tried using a gamedata copy i had from some weeks before this, amy fang and etal are still locked tho

yeah my savefiles looked like that, i tried using a gamedata copy i had from some weeks before this, amy fang and etal are still locked tho
Even if they're still locked it shouldn't be that hard to re-unlock them if you have a "clear" save slot

just replay Arid Canyon 3, Black Core 3, and Frozen Hillside (unless Frozen Hillside is also locked now in which case you just need to find a few emblems but it still shouldn't take very long)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back