Airdrill [RECREATED]

Airdrill [RECREATED] 2.3, but not SRB2 2.3

FinnishGameFan

I'm still alive

Welcome to Releases!

Let's see what people think of Air Drill when I release PiSRB2... good job recreating it.

Wait.. you're porting SRB2 v2.2 to the Rasberry Pi..?

I'm feeling the exact same feeling as you, FGF! This mod + PiSRB2 = Pain
PiSRB2 is my physics and general overhaul mod, lol. I brought it up because the Air Drill is Sonic's replacement ability there, touched up and all. Let's see if public favor towards the Air Drill changes.

This is nice to see as a resource to be reused for anything! Air Drill seems interesting to me, momentum redirection and everything seems fun to manipulate along with fall speed manipulation.

PiSRB2 is my physics and general overhaul mod, lol. I brought it up because the Air Drill is Sonic's replacement ability there, touched up and all. Let's see if public favor towards the Air Drill changes.
Why did Air Drill even become so collectively hated in the first place?

This is nice to see as a resource to be reused for anything! Air Drill seems interesting to me, momentum redirection and everything seems fun to manipulate along with fall speed manipulation.

Why did Air Drill even become so collectively hated in the first place?
The fact that it stole all momentum.

Yup. PiSRB2 is gonna crush this mod. I was testing the mod on android and found out that the ability is 101% OP. I mean, who would want to download an overpowered ability like this one? I guess I will have to update this mod. [1.5 -The Non-OP Update]

Attachments

• srb20024.gif
    srb20024.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 112
Hey, there's a couple of bugs with the airdrill.
1- If you hold down spin into a pitfall, your character will glitch out.
2- The same happens with the rope sections on Arid Canyon/Egg Rock.
(I think it also happens with flying characters, or anything that puts the character on the RIDE state)
3- Holding spin during the airdrill into a spring doesn't make the character bounce.
(My solution to this problem is to make them bounce higher on springs when you hold Spin during the airdrill, similarly to Amy's hammer.)
Also, my review covers a bit of the suggestions I had.

Attachments

• srb21362.gif
    srb21362.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 101
  • srb21361.gif
    srb21361.gif
    6.8 MB · Views: 114
  • srb21366.gif
    srb21366.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
I will try to fix those... Also, Holding spin during the airdrill into a spring makes the character do a small bounce. I'm gonna change the small bounce to a HYPER BOUNCE!

Last edited:
Really nice; Although you forgot to make the Airdrill break floors when you hold spin:
Also, you forgot to fix the pitfall glitch, the character still stays on the Airdrill state instead of the dead state.

Attachments

• srb20027.gif
    srb20027.gif
    1 MB · Views: 101

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back