Adventure Sonic (v1.8b)

Adventure Sonic (v1.8b) v1.8b

Sonic adventure rush

And uh...I haven't encountered any bugs or glitches...somehow

Hey uhh people of this thread this is pretty off topic but does anybody know the city level shown in some of the gifs that show off adventure sonic or is that also unreleased like green forest
It's not finished and probably won't ever be. But I think the name of the zone was "Chao City"
And man, I hope it releases in some capacity because it looks sick.

Hey uhh people of this thread this is pretty off topic but does anybody know the city level shown in some of the gifs that show off adventure sonic or is that also unreleased like green forest
It's not finished and probably won't ever be. But I think the name of the zone was "Chao City"
And man, I hope it releases in some capacity because it looks sick.
I have said some of this before, but I'll put all the asked-about maps in a row again anyway. Then you may all refer to this post when anybody gets curious about unreleased maps in the future.

srb20020-gif.105616
srb20371.gif
srb20172.gif
srb20170.gif
srb20292.gif

Chao City
A massive standalone city map by me, maybe 20% done. It was put on hiatus 3 months before Adventure Sonic released so I could wait for UDMF and focus on SA-Sonic. It might see a revival once I'm done with my other 5+ projects. I'd like to convert it to UDMF and make it a group-project if I do, making it easy for people to contribute in small ways like making posters, building interiors/unique buildings, stuff like that.

compressed-1056-gif.105619

Green Forest
A demo by Cola from their canceled levelpack. This demo level got released in a semi-public Discord server, so I imagine I could reasonably hand it out, but I'd want to see explicit permission first. From what I hear another team might pick this levelpack up in the future. People are quick to show interest, but actually putting in a ton of time&effort is another story, so don't get your hopes up!

srb20300.gif

"The City" (WIP name, I think? ...I hope.)
A fairly-close-to-done HUB city by OrdoMandalore for his legendary Q6 levelpack. Development slowed alot, though....considering how much cool shit's already in Q6, I'm praying as much as you guys it won't be canceled, and gets at least some public appearance.

srb20096.gif
srb20099.gif

Falcon Square
The HUB from SRB2 1.09.4's Golden Ruins, a levelpack from the #Takis community I was once part of. The leader & leveldesigner was Moonlander, so 90% of the real credit went to him. I actually named the HUB city after his forums.

Golden Ruins wasn't coming to SRB2 2.0, so I started updating it alone and got permission to take over. Buuuut I got overambitious and added far too much extra stuff, which properly finishing/polishing would've required waaaay too much time. Since I desperately wanted to leave SRB2 behind me back then, it all got left to gather dust.

Fortunately, Piraoni's shown initiative to make Golden Moon at least playable and properly connected. An updated 1.09.4 pack with half-finished/scrapped features would release as a bit aged by 2.2 standards, but that should also make it less daunting for beginner modders to jump in and offer Piraoni support.

1194603995667365908.gif
giphy.gif

Speaking of, notice most of those were from canceled levelpacks? Mappers have always normally worked alone, but in the 2.2 era, a single person making an entire pack is headed straight for burnout. (don't point to Roger, he's a robot) So if you're interested in a promising levelpack, considering reaching out to help so you don't have to watch it fade away.

With the same effort it takes to make a random stage to add to an OLDC pile, you could keep an entire levelpack going. Ambitious levelpacks don't have to go extinct!
934769673449398344.webp
YOU can keep the dream alive! /EndPatrioticSpeech

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back