• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

*Adventure Sonic (used to be Dreamcast Sonic)*

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBlur

It's final! MotdSpork, Frostiikin and a few others have decided to turn Dreamcast Sonic into ADVENTURE SONIC! Now, you may be thinking: "the heck is 'Adventure Sonic'???" Before the complete overhaul, this was originally Dreamcast Sonic. But MotdSpork told me "instead of making Dreamcast Sonic... what if we made this Adventure Sonic? Like with the best assets from both games." And so here it is now! Here's his abilities list: Homing Attack, Bounce, Spamdash, Lightspeed Dash and finally, the Lightspeed Attack.

Adventure Sonic also has grinding on minecart rails much like Modern Sonic! and the possibility of referencing poses from Adventure and Adventure 2 when Sonic hops off at the end of a rail.

Upgrades: Light Shoes, Bounce Bracelet, and finally the Crystal Ring.

Attachments

• haha.png
    haha.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 692
This is hype in its truest form. I'm gonna look forward to this.

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 479
I don't know what I'm going to do with my Sonic, now, to be honest. At this point it would probably have fewer abilities and an aesthetic difference, and with 3D models I don't know if there's much demand for a difference of sprites...

I don't know what I'm going to do with my Sonic, now, to be honest. At this point it would probably have fewer abilities and an aesthetic difference, and with 3D models I don't know if there's much demand for a difference of sprites...

I'm still looking forward to yours! I've got a feeling yours is going to be very accurate to the first Adventure title. Now with a victory pose??? AWESOME! I'm seriously looking forward to this! Keep up the good work!

Well you should still do yours man. It looks really good as far as I seen. Even if it has fewer abilites or so, as long as you had fun making it, that's what matters.

Ok, this is getting much cooler than it should be
The idea of combining the upgrades from both games is genius and i don't see why no one thought about it before

Last edited:
haha. Sorry this took a while, but the final design is complete! Adventure Sonic now will look more like Uekawa's style thanks to Bendedede, myself, and MotdSpork. I tried my best to make him not too similar to Modern Sonic too since Modern Sonic is not based on the in game model, but the art style of Yuji Uekawa. Anyways, here it is!

Attachments

• FINAL..png
    FINAL..png
    6.3 KB · Views: 288
haha. Sorry this took a while, but the final design is complete! Adventure Sonic now will look more like Uekawa's style thanks to Bendedede, myself, and MotdSpork. I tried my best to make him not too similar to Modern Sonic too since Modern Sonic is not based on the in game model, but the art style of Yuji Uekawa. Anyways, here it is!

It's beautiful!
Wanna see more progress from this

the adventure hype be-eth real, *insert sadx sonic story end pose here*

"Ah Yeah'"
"This is Happening!"
Jokes aside, i'm so hyped for yours and MetalWario64 addons of Adventure Sonic to be done!
You guys are making an awesome work, keep it up!

Finally got the skincolor down! The skincolor in question is named "Azure Blue" Go ahead and guess what that's from.

Attachments

• AzureBlueboi.png
    AzureBlueboi.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 611
Huh I thought you were talking about azure Sonic from the srb2 wad archive site (wow I guess I really have used the website too much) but I gotta say that I love the sprites and I can't wait to see how he plays in the game alongside seeing another mod with light dash that isn't modern Sonic (because light dash is essential for adventure sonic to have)

This is really cool to see one of my favorite iterations of Sonic brought into SRB2. Can't wait to see future sprites!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back