• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this will help direct things back to the topic at hand:
YHFjufZ.png
It's back to worshipping and doing rituals now. Good job on the sprite, man, keep up the work.

Yeah, there was someone here derailing the thread demanding that someone give them the mod early, dropping vulgar insults such as f bombs and n bombs when they didn't get what they wanted. The moderators seem to have cleaned it out to get the thread back on track.
Anyway enough about that loser,I hope we'll get to see Adventure Sonic absolutely murderise the Sunset Over Chaos rat

If not I'll just pull a Thanos and do it myself when he releases,no worries

If someone else says ridiculous stuff, can you all do me a favor and not give that nonsense too much attention? I'm just grateful the posts got deleted rather than straight up having our thread locked over it.

"Sweet a 1-up within reach" *Procedes fly across the screen to grab it*
Yeah this buff really makes this move worth using, SA Sonic has some good verticality and it's packaged in a way that makes him really unique from everyone else.
Even I was surprised. SA-Sonic bounced off the Egg Shield into the absolute edge of his vertical range, you can't normally reach that ridiculously high!
srb20389.gif

"Sonic isn't a vertical character, and none of his interactions will be."
~Internet Random
Who said that? That is an insult to my boy's legs and I will kick their ass.

SA-Sonic is truly SMS Beginner's Edition.
Don't really like SMS comparisons, but I do aim to make him easy to control. The 1st tester wave seems very content with his controls.

Wait, so does it actually destroy the turret or you just bounce off of it?
Destroys it.

Imagine the chaos of 100 SA-Sonics in one server of SRB2Ware...Only thing they can hear are noises of bounces, WHOAAAaAAS, Every noise he does when hit.
Doesn't SRB2ware shift characters all the time? Still, don't worry, the bounces aren't that loud and I don't think his SFX and voice lines are all that intrusive. Like in SA1, he doesn't even make a sound when taking damage.

The Lightspeed Attack is a fantastic tool to take down bosses faster, but don't get carried away! After you hit with it, bosses become resistant until you land another type of attack. Any LSA after the first deals only 1x damage, at which point any other move is a better idea, especially if it means getting to deal 2x damage again.
srb20391.gif

I should note SA-Sonic bounces far off bosses after homing attacks, making it nigh-impossible to home in again before landing. It IS tempting to bring the funny Egg Hornet strat of invincibility-ignoring homing spam, but even without that, it's far more engaging when bosses require player movement over airstalling and pressing jump a few times.
srb20390.gif

SRB2's bosses aren't designed for SA-Sonic and he'd be 100% busted if imported directly, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't try to make them engaging! SA-Sonic is already more evasive & versatile than anyone. Use that to put on a show rather than ordering extra cheese on top!

Lastly, anxiety the GIF. Thank god for clutch safety features.
srb20391.gif

That's all for the Lightspeed Attack and other random details. Now, Metalwario64 has plainly laid the cards on the table...
Open your hearts for what's next!
srb20393.gif

That's all for the Lightspeed Attack and other random details. Now, Metalwario64 has plainly laid the cards on the table...
srb20393.gif
Ok that Super Sonic introduction is frickin AWESOME, I never saw something like that! MAN I CANNOT wait to see super Sonic in gameplay, especially after how he opened his (heart) eyes in that gif

I Really wonder how Super Sonic is in gameplay, but if you are trying not to show him yet, i understand, anyways this is a nice way to indicate that you can transform!

:wonderful: :wonderful:

If someone else says ridiculous stuff, can you all do me a favor and not give that nonsense too much attention? I'm just grateful the posts got deleted rather than straight up having our thread locked over it.

Even I was surprised. SA-Sonic bounced off the Egg Shield into the absolute edge of his vertical range, you can't normally reach that ridiculously high!
srb20389.gif

Who said that? That is an insult to my boy's legs and I will kick their ass.

Don't really like SMS comparisons, but I do aim to make him easy to control. The 1st tester wave seems very content with his controls.

Destroys it.

Doesn't SRB2ware shift characters all the time? Still, don't worry, the bounces aren't that loud and I don't think his SFX and voice lines are all that intrusive. Like in SA1, he doesn't even make a sound when taking damage.

The Lightspeed Attack is a fantastic tool to take down bosses faster, but don't get carried away! After you hit with it, bosses become resistant until you land another type of attack. Any LSA after the first deals only 1x damage, at which point any other move is a better idea, especially if it means getting to deal 2x damage again.
srb20391.gif

I should note SA-Sonic bounces far off bosses after homing attacks, making it nigh-impossible to home in again before landing. It IS tempting to bring the funny Egg Hornet strat of invincibility-ignoring homing spam, but even without that, it's far more engaging when bosses require player movement over airstalling and pressing jump a few times.
srb20390.gif

SRB2's bosses aren't designed for SA-Sonic and he'd be 100% busted if imported directly, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't try to make them engaging! SA-Sonic is already more evasive & versatile than anyone. Use that to put on a show rather than ordering extra cheese on top!

Lastly, anxiety the GIF. Thank god for clutch safety features.
srb20391.gif

srb20393.gif
I see what you did on the last one...
Hopefully Super Sonic shuffles things up a bit!

srb20391.gif

srb20390.gif
Sweet! He joins the Eggman abuse gang with Fang, poor eggman, he should probably give up.

Joke aside this is amazing! I never said this but I just love how you made the light dash more than just a quick ring nabbing system, it felt useless from what I remembered when I played sonic adventure 1. It now makes it look like a spin dash that auto homes into rings and enemies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back