• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing SA-Sonic will be released in at least the 20s of November to at least the 25th or above. (Just guessing cause of how SA-Sonic is almost done.)

Super close to being done. I have posted everything I've made in the SRB2 server in the spriting channel. I should gather it all and post it here soon, maybe even in the first post.
They'll see it all soon enough in action, so it's not like you have to go out of your way.

ahh don't worry, i would never stoop that low. especially over a srb2 mod...
But I will.
sonicsmug.png

Yeah, seems like it. Probably in late November if we are thinking of best case scenario and not December which is what Golden and Metal are assuming to be where SA-Sonic will be released.
If we go superfast November could be on the table, but if progress does go that smoothly I can see a HUGE possibility that Metal would rather take the extra time to do some polishing and extra animations and it'll still end up as December anyway. It's not like I'll drop support once the project releases, but having the initial release as solid as possible makes sense to me.

Now then, the Lightspeed Attack has some fun use cases beyond it's 3x range, lack of vertical limitations, 2x damage, and trickjump.

It has a small explosive impact, circumventing enemy shields! Sweet, looks like that 1-up was JUST within reach!
srb20391.gif

Turrets are NOT safe from this move. Charge up somewhere safely, though!
srb20393.gif

Brak's invincibility can be destroyed with this move. Despite Brak's pain animation he did not actually take damage. Not having to wait 40 seconds for this slow bastard to decide to take his gooey dip is a massive plus in my book.
srb20395.gif

Hit Metal Sonic in either his invincible or dodging phases to forcibly deal 1x damage. Super-useful to make his pingpong phase more engaging.
srb20403.gif

You can't hit CEZ3's Eggman in the cage, though. He'll just laugh it off. If you hit a ceiling/floor during the LSA you'll also bounce off.
srb20414.gif

They'll see it all soon enough in action, so it's not like you have to go out of your way.

But I will.
sonicsmug.png

If we go superfast November could be on the table, but if progress does go that smoothly I can see a HUGE possibility that Metal would rather take the extra time to do some polishing and extra animations and it'll still end up as December anyway. It's not like I'll drop support once the project releases, but having the initial release as solid as possible makes sense to me.

Now then, the Lightspeed Attack has some fun use cases beyond it's 3x range, lack of vertical limitations, 2x damage, and trickjump.

It has a small explosive impact, circumventing enemy shields! Sweet, looks like that 1-up was JUST within reach!
srb20391.gif

srb20393.gif

Brak's invincibility can be destroyed with this move. Despite Brak's pain animation he did not actually take damage. Not having to wait 40 seconds for this slow bastard to decide to take his gooey dip is a massive plus in my book.
srb20395.gif

Hit Metal Sonic in either his invincible or dodging phases to forcibly deal 1x damage. Super-useful to make his pingpong phase more engaging.
srb20403.gif

You can't hit CEZ3's Eggman in the cage, though. He'll just laugh it off. If you hit a ceiling/floor during the LSA you'll also bounce off.
srb20414.gif
Man,Adventure Sonic's gonna be fun to do boss speedruns with

Speaking of,I have a small request Shine

Can we see him take on that rat boss from Sunset Over Chaos? Considering it's gimmick is summoning a bunch of rat mooks,I think it'll be amazing to see the LSA absolutely muderize it

Man,Adventure Sonic's gonna be fun to do boss speedruns with

Speaking of,I have a small request Shine

Can we see him take on that rat boss from Sunset Over Chaos? Considering it's gimmick is summoning a bunch of rat mooks,I think it'll be amazing to see the LSA absolutely muderize it
Don't forget the Sonic Overdrive boss too!

Don't think the Lightspeed Dash will work on the rings Sonic Overdrive spawns when hit,but it would be funny if it did
I meant when Overdrive tries to circle around you and attack you :knuxsmug: you can see where I'm going with this...

It's all about taking the time you need to get a polished product out. Release times are good to help to keep procrastination down.
Sweet, looks like that 1-up was JUST within reach!
srb20391.gif
"Sweet a 1-up within reach" *Procedes fly across the screen to grab it*
Yeah this buff really makes this move worth using, SA Sonic has some good verticality and it's packaged in a way that makes him really unique from everyone else.
srb20393.gif
Wait, so does it actually destroy the turret or you just bounce off of it?
srb20395.gif
srb20403.gif
I like how it doesn't cheese him completely, just shield take down, and you have to still charge it up safely, I can imagine this fight might be way more fun with SA Sonic. Same with Metal, I like how he has a move that's immune to attacks, but honestly I would prefer a bullet hell move instead of ping pong, I find it to feel like it drags the fight out more than anything, and isn't as engaging to deal with.
srb20414.gif
Canonically without the buttons this eggman's greatest invention as sonic cannot destroy it, Final boss should have been this with more guns on it, or a EggRobo, those foam fingers seem to also grant them incredible powers.

srb20395.gif

srb20403.gif
This is great. Metal and Brak are just annoying bosses:worry:. Thank you for implementing that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back