• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect Soap Shoes to be added later as a update or just last up, after super sonic.
I don't remember if any sprites showed it, we are at page 63 now so maybe a sprite of it already has been shown and I don't remember.

Holy this thread is long but there's soooo much progress that happened it looks amazing also random question will there be custom themes for him idk if this has been asked yet if so sorry

it has already been answered
Post automatically merged:

this thread is getting huge I think we should stop until release. Or beta testing

I expect Soap Shoes to be added later as a update or just last up, after super sonic.
I don't remember if any sprites showed it, we are at page 63 now so maybe a sprite of it already has been shown and I don't remember.
I did make a sprite, but I don't think I showed it off here (I did show it to Spork, who showed it to Shine, and that made Shine want to code for me, desperately, I might add. :P)
PiIu8bC.png

Honestly, i made this account just to say im REALLY hyped for this, As someone who's played Adventure for half of my life. I can safely say this is the most hyped thing ive ever waited for. PLEASE keep being awesome man.
I appreciate it greatly! I've been working on this for close to a year and I always get excited when others are excited for something I've put so much work into.

I did make a sprite, but I don't think I showed it off here (I did show it to Spork, who showed it to Shine, and that made Shine want to code for me, desperately, I might add. :P)
PiIu8bC.png
This beautiful sprite made me check out what else you made. Then I discovered you made walking sprites too. Someone who can manage walking frames(most frames per SRB2 animation) has actual potential for a project. That ultimately made me offer!

...imagine my surprise when you decided "Eh, I'll do 40 frames instead of the usual 20 for the running & rolling too!! And why not do 30 for teetering instead of 10?!" This crazy dude has enough energy to willingly go through hell AGAIN. Multiple times. Major props, that is why you're the Metal Overlord!

Holy this thread is long but there's soooo much progress that happened it looks amazing also random question will there be custom themes for him idk if this has been asked yet if so sorry
We're approaching 1300 posts to scroll through, so I'll happily answer repeat questions for anyone new. Yes, we have a custom super theme, clear stage, runshoes, and invincibility music. None of this overrides the vanilla soundtrack.

Honestly, i made this account just to say im REALLY hyped for this, As someone who's played Adventure for half of my life. I can safely say this is the most hyped thing ive ever waited for. PLEASE keep being awesome man.
That's awesome, welcome! Remember to make daily blood offerings to Metalwario64! Wishes are eternal.

I don't think there is going to be Soap Shoes.
Safe bet. For initial release anyway!

That does make me wonder, is the quick version strict on activation? Is it weaker than the fully charged? My theory if we have the light speed attack, the light speed attack is not usable on quick charge version.
Jump anytime after the pulse and you'll get it! Wait too long and Sonic will automatically do it himself like in Adventure. The only way to screw things up is by jumping before the pulse. There's no downsides to it.

Those a very cool looking sa2 stages, are they for a upcoming sa2 mod port or remake?
Not from us. They're at least semi-public, the file was shared in 1 public Discord and GIFs were shown practically everywhere. But I'm unsure if the creator's ok with me actually dropping the files.

Lightdash! If your line of rings ends close to the ground, hold forward to snap to the ground running! Keeps the flow going!
srb20399.gif

If the rings instead end in midair, you're put in a jumping state!(Rather than becoming helpless like SA2)
srb20421.gif

You can also auto-spindash/jump from lightdashes by holding the corresponding button, regardless of where the trail ends. No tricky timing or guessing needed! You destroy enemies during and after the lightdash, so be fearless!
srb20402.gif
srb20417.gif

If Sonic finds rings leading upwards, he'll enter a vertical Lightdash state and trick-jump off the top! SA-Sonic doesn't have walljump cheese or bomb jumping to fly anywhere unrestricted, so you gotta think creatively!
srb20366.gif
srb20367.gif
srb20368.gif
srb20371.gif

Lightdashes crash through bustable blocks. Hmm! Looks like I'll need a superbounce to continue. Any speed shoes nearby?
srb20373.gif

Ring detection is super generous and your mobility after a lightdash is incredibly empowered compared to Sonic Adventure. You'll find many interesting uses beyond "gitringsfast", so even despite the charge-time it can pay off! (Had enough GIFs yet?)
srb20424.gif
srb20425.gif

srb20428.gif
srb20438.gif

This beautiful sprite made me check out what else you made. Then I discovered you made walking sprites too. Someone who can manage walking frames(most frames per SRB2 animation) has actual potential for a project. That ultimately made me offer!

...imagine my surprise when you decided "Eh, I'll do 40 frames instead of the usual 20 for the running & rolling too!! And why not do 30 for teetering instead of 10?!" This crazy dude has enough energy to willingly go through hell AGAIN. Multiple times. Major props, that is why you're the Metal Overlord!

We're approaching 1300 posts to scroll through, so I'll happily answer repeat questions for anyone new. Yes, we have a custom super theme, clear stage, runshoes, and invincibility music. None of this overrides the vanilla soundtrack.

That's awesome, welcome! Remember to make daily blood offerings to Metalwario64! Wishes are eternal.

Jump anytime after the pulse and you'll get it! Wait too long and Sonic will automatically do it himself like in Adventure. The only way to screw things up is by jumping before the pulse. There's no downsides to it.

Not from us. They're at least semi-public, the file was shared in 1 public Discord and GIFs were shown practically everywhere. But I'm unsure if the creator's ok with me actually dropping the files.

Lightdash! If your line of rings ends close to the ground, hold forward to snap to the ground running! Keeps the flow going!
srb20399.gif

If the rings instead end in midair, you're put in a jumping state!(Rather than becoming helpless like SA2)
srb20421.gif

You can also auto-spindash/jump from lightdashes by holding the corresponding button, regardless of where the trail ends. No tricky timing or guessing needed! You destroy enemies during and after the lightdash, so be fearless!
srb20402.gif
srb20417.gif

If Sonic finds rings leading upwards, he'll enter a vertical Lightdash state and trick-jump off the top! SA-Sonic doesn't have walljump cheese or bomb jumping to fly anywhere unrestricted, so you gotta think creatively!
srb20366.gif
srb20367.gif
srb20368.gif
srb20371.gif

Lightdashes crash through bustable blocks. Hmm! Looks like I'll need a superbounce to continue. Any speed shoes nearby?
srb20373.gif

Ring detection is super generous and your mobility after a lightdash is incredibly empowered compared to Sonic Adventure. You'll find many interesting uses beyond "gitringsfast", so even despite the charge-time it can pay off! (Had enough GIFs yet?)
srb20424.gif
srb20425.gif

srb20428.gif
srb20438.gif
My hands are more ready to play this when its out more than my body ._.
100% bet that metal overlord is not going to release it until soap shoes is done
he really is willingly going to go through the pain and agony again
just for us :)
dont worry metal wario u don't need to push yourself to do it
were fine with normal sa-sonic is already enough :)
ALL PRAISE THE METALOVERLOAD! THIS IS A RITUAL

srb20399.gif

srb20421.gif

srb20402.gif
srb20417.gif

srb20366.gif
srb20367.gif
srb20368.gif
srb20371.gif

srb20373.gif

srb20424.gif
srb20425.gif

srb20428.gif
srb20438.gif
oh my fucking GOD THIS IS SO GOOD AND IM NOT EVEN A ADVENTURE FAN

You guys are doing great! Keep up the great work!

My hands are more ready to play this when its out more than my body ._.
100% bet that metal overlord is not going to release it until soap shoes is done
he really is willingly going to go through the pain and agony again
just for us :)
dont worry metal wario u don't need to push yourself to do it
were fine with normal sa-sonic is already enough :)
ALL PRAISE THE METALOVERLOAD! THIS IS A RITUAL
then there is no adventure tails:dramahog::dramahog::dramahog:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back